Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I agree with the previous reviewer on a lot of issues at the Dublin Goddard on perimeter in Dublin Oh. I noticed as well the focus they had placed on the business but not so much on the kids. I do like the philosophy as well as the program they had at Goddard. I originally Picked The Goddard School because I loved the previous owner, Tammy Loh. She was very good with the kids as well as the parents, great communicator, business and people minded. My child thrived at the Powell Ohio location in Columbus Ohio. I believe the school went downhill when the new management came in. The front desk administrator always sat at the front desk with a sour look on her face with her shoes off. Whenever I asked her a question, she was very snappy, borderline rude. There was a teacher in training there when I took my son out of the daycare for good. She did not know how to control the kids especially ones that misbehaved. I walked in to pick up my son one day and one kid in particular was bullying my Son. The teacher did not do anything was just walking around unaware of the obvious situation. I was appalled at the lack of concern and attentiveness towards the situation. This kid was a problem among all the kids not just my own. I know the owner was trying to develop a new anti-bullying program to teach kids how to deal with bullies. However, if the pre-schooler does not feel comfortable telling the teacher for whatever reason if they are being picked on, there should be a teacher to step in and squash the bullies' behavior. This step was not being done, therefore the bully got the message that his/her behavior is Ok?? I don't want my child in that type of environment. When I let the owner know, she said I will let them watch a bullying video. No measures were taken. I had another child I was going to enroll to take a new job, but after this incident I decided not to enroll. Their facilities are not equipped for the amount of kids they have enrolled there and the focus is definitely not on the kids if they allow this type of behavior and expect preschoolers to fend for themselves. They are too young.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They do not punish the bully all they care about is trachig kids how to deal with them which doesn't seem effective without reprimanding the bully

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Management very rude and snappy and do not effectively communicate with parents

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Management doesn't put focus on children's behavior more about the business

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

High turnover so not a lot of consistency

This school has a couple of great teachers, and the rest are just in between jobs or school... not really dedicated to daycares and certainly not early childhood education and development. This results in a fairly high turnover rate (over 80% of the teachers in the two classrooms my child was in during their stay). The leadership team here does not communicate well with parents. They often come across snappy in their communication, either verbal or written (such as in an e-mail). I also have seen a lot of favoritism at this location which is honestly just sad. I liked the program and the overall philosophy of Goddard, but this location is just not run properly. It's more about being a business, and less about the children. We took our child out of this system because a group of kids was basically being held back from moving to the next room; they did not have the facilities to put them in the next classroom. This meant that we were paying them to teach our child the same things over and over and they grew quite bored and were not challenged. I consistently asked myself why we were paying them if they cannot afford a large enough facility to care for the kids they have.

It is a great school. The teachers are doing good. The program has lot of good academic stuff for kids. My daughter is 4 1/2 yrs and going to Pre K there, she is doing great at school and just loves to go to school. There are lot of extra curricular activities which they learn there. Very excited about the school.

Last modified The Goddard School - Dublin is a Private school that serves grade PK