Posted April 28, 2014
I've gone to BOSS for 2 years and I can just say that I love the way they operate things. I don't have to get up early and rush off on my way to get to school- I have it right at home. Another thing is that they have options for students on how they want to be taught. There are no worries about who you're going to sit with or who will be your friend. I know I made a friend the very first day I logged onto a class. I can say it's not for everyone, though. The student has to have some sort of responsibility. The only thing I can think they need to improve on is how people, students and parents both, tend to not like how there's not many opportunities for social interactions. Overall, I think it's fine the way it is.

Posted August 05, 2013
This will be our 3rd year at BOSS, and we couldn't be happier with our school choice! My son, who was a Senior last year, has health issues and would often miss class due to medical treatment. The teachers worked with us to make sure he completed any missing work. My daughters, who both have IEP's, had awesome resource teachers that checked up on them to make sure they understood assignments, and helped them with assignments when needed. It was wonderful when I received a call from a teacher expressing concern that my daughter may need a tutor for Math before she failed! I had never before found staff to be so proactive at helping students! My daughter was assigned a tutor and she improved before her grades suffered. The virtual online classes are engaging and fun. My daughters would often tell their friends about how much they loved their classes. Their friends would request to sit in on a class with them (when they didn't have school ex. snow day) and they loved it too! BOSS has different curriculum choices to aid your student's learning style. The staff and tech support are exceptionally helpful and kind. I can't say enough good things about this school!

Posted March 15, 2013
We love BOSS. My daughters are in 10th and 5th grades and have been in the school since last year. I love the virtual classes because it keeps the girls "in school" in front of a real teacher and able to talk and ask questions as needed. My 5th grader has an IEP and has gotten alot of extra help, tutoring, etc in the areas she struggles. All the equipment is provided and the tech people are very helpful when needed. No more crying every night over homework that is not understood (I can go back and watch recorded sessions so I can help explain homework) and no excuses in the mornings of not wanting to go to school. Teachers are great and really care; Get phone calls from high school teachers if assignments weren't turned in, etc. Excellent communication with school and teachers.

Buckeye Online School For Success 3

Posted February 23, 2013
I'm a graduated student of Buckeye Online and personally have only had very positive experiences with the school, however this type of schooling will not work for a majority of students. While the perks of Buckeye Online are incredible, and I personally saw great improvement in my own grades in between freshman year at my normal school and sophomore year at BOSS, it is far too easy to procrastinate and get very far behind on your work. The teachers at boss are incredibly supportive and enthusiastic but they do not show much urgency towards those falling behind and I believe that is why the test scores coming out of BOSS are so poor. In addition to that, it would also be extremely easy for any kid to cheat their way into good grades as the only mandatory, truly supervised test that you take is the OGT. If you have a very responsible child who wants to learn and get the best value possible out of a "free" education, possibly even start on their college credits at no cost, then take advantage of BOSS. If your kid has problems with procrastination, I'd reconsider.

Posted October 24, 2012
This is our 5th year with BOSS and we are 100% happy. My sons are permitted to progress rapidly in subjects where they excel. The college program to achieve a associate's degree at the same time students get high scool dual credit for FREE is so helpful. There are no expenses, school fees, book fees, etc., with BOSS. Everything is provided: computer, monitor, printer/scanner, books and materials for science experiments. Even internet costs and gym memberships are reimbursed. Teachers are very accessible via email, phone or chat during classes. My sons learn much more each year than in public school without interruptions. No bullying, no peer pressure, and no competition. Parents must provide transportation for OAA./OGT testing to a monitored test site one time each school year. My sons have become very tech savvy in this school--usefull for online college classes. Students interact with teacher and other studients via online voice/microphone/speakers, chat and white board. Homework and tests are submitted via computer, scanning and/or email. Even shipping costs for returning books or electronics is provided. This is quality education and the lowest cost possible. A++ school.

Buckeye Online School For Success 1

Posted December 07, 2011
The Buckeye Online School for Success is a terrible school. A public school, chartered by the state of Ohio, they place unnecessary demands on young children to participate in worthless online review sessions on equipment that they provide -- equipment which is NOT up to date or functioning correctly. The teachers were ineffective, and even upsetting to my children.

Posted June 18, 2009
Boss Online is a great school. They really go above and beyond to help the kids. One thing they need is sports program for kids. (basketball is one they need for above 13 yr olds)..

Posted March 16, 2009
hi my name is elizabethand i attend buckeye and this is my first year and my grades have gone up and i love it alot and my teacher is really nice to me and everyone and you can to your own work at your own pace and go to the bathroom when ever with out getting detention or yelling at you i love this school if anyone rads this please have your kids go to this school i used to go to edispn local in ohio and they were very mean and did not know what they were doing they put the wrong grades on my report card and i go in trouble for that and so i wanted to get home schooled and now im a b and a student thank you very much for reading this love elizabeth

Posted December 29, 2008
I have 2 grandchildren that I enrolled in Buckeye On Line. Both were not doing well in public school. One even failed. Now their grades have gone from F 's to B 's.Let me tell you first and foremost, the stress that was associated with public school safety is gone. The idiocracy that was observed amongst so-called professionals is gone. Secondly, they are finally learning the state of Ohio's curriculum the way it should be learned. The only drawbacks are the lack of socialization and the lack of interactivity involved with the teaching/learning process. The school does offer a virtual class, which may help with this problem. This is an excellent alternative,but, you must be available to help your child, as they still need assistance in understanding the work. The other thing is you will also learn things as they learn things. This is a very positive experience for all .

Posted August 26, 2008
i have a son that attended boss excellent they work at there own pace and they are well respected they are treated like a person

Buckeye Online School For Success
119 East Fifth St, East Liverpool, OH  43920
(330) 385-1987
Last modified Buckeye Online School For Success is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buckeye Online School For Success Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.