Bad
Good

School district is very disappointing. After relocating to Eaton from a decent school district I have found the district has very little to offer. New families are not welcome and forget your kids participating in sports and activities. It's very much a good ole boy environment. As far as discipline, I've seen strippers with more clothing on than most of the students in the school. If you pick your child up after school the language on school property is horrible. When my four year old starts school next year it will not be at any of the Eaton schools.

Funny, someone posted about lack of communication. I think communication is good. When I call, teachers call back same day or next day. If I send an email, I get a response very quickly. Seventh grade teachers update progress book OFTEN! So, we check that daily sometimes. So, in my opinion, if you have questions check that progress book. I don't really rely on that. I rely on my kids. They BETTER keep me updated. Teachers in seventh grade do seem very strict. They say they are trying to teach the kids responsibility. I understand and appreciate that. So, seventh grade was a good experience overall. Any problems or issues were quickly cleared up by the teachers. I found them very easy to work with. I didn't really have to deal with the principal, but everyone speaks highly of him. He seems very respected in the community.

There is no communication from the school to parents. Even when it is asked for. Little new technology or up dates are being done to the the school or for the students. The library is embarrising. There is no PTA and the teachers don't let parents know what is going on in the school.

I think the principal is great! He does not tolerate any misbehavior! The teachers are great. Some are rather strict, but I like that environment! I know my kids are safe. The teachers won't put up with much! They are serious about teaching.

The other parent was correct...no doubt! Everyone knows everyone in Eaton. Often if you are new to the area people are not the friendliest. The middle school seems pretty good. Most of the teachers are friendly and seem to care about the kids. The class sizes are much bigger in the main subjects. My son was in classes of thirty or more. Discipline is not as great as people say. It seems it depends on who you are and who you know. It took a while to 'fit in' here, but we like it now. It's not perfect, but there are advantages to a small town, small school.

Parents are very supportive at Eaton, but remember, everyone knows everyone elses business in Eaton. The Principal at Eaton Middle School, Mr Carpenter, is known as a strict disciplinarian, with zero tolerance for misbehavior. He has been an administrator for nearly 40 years. The building is old, but historic. Teachers range from great, to not so great. Probably still the best district in this county.

Last modified Eaton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.