PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The Office of Admissions cordially invites Christian families with children (ages 2 through High School) to our Prospective Family Open House! Held on Tuesday, Oct. 13th and Nov. 17th, families can tour the school with an administrator and current student anytime from 9am to 1pm. There is no better way to experience the ODCS difference than to see it in action. Families may enjoy refreshments, visit classes and facilities, interact with staff and students, and learn about our programs, financial aid and application process. Please enter off of West Ridge Road near the electronic sign. Park and enter near the doors by the flag pole. Questions, please call Mrs. Bronwyn Tucker, Director of Admissions at (440) 326-2367.
September 17, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

No school is perfect because people are not perfect. There is very little bullying at Open Door and the staff take behavior and more importantly the heart issues that drive behavior very serious. I feel my children are very safe at this school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Yes! Our son needed support in elementary school. The teachers, intervention specials, and principal made a plan to help him with our input and it worked. He is now a straight A student, testing well on standardized tests and involved with his peers and activities.

I am currently a junior at Open Door this year and this school has shaped me into what I am today. I have been given so many opportunities to develop my skills and talents and become a well rounded student. I am involved in many extracurricular activities and the size of the school helps me participate in as many things as I can. Soccer, cheer leading, musicals, student council, band, choir, and hand bells are some of the many activities I have learned to love here. Secondly, the loving community of the school as a whole has helped me in my spiritual and academic path. The teachers truly care about me and my success, and will bend over backwards to make sure I understand and excel in every topic covered. I have made life long relationships and the overall atmosphere that there will always be someone at school to ask me how I am doing is so important to me. Each and every day there is someone who cares to answer my questions and work with me so I can reach my fullest potential. As I a student I couldn't be more grateful for the journey this school has provided me with and I hope that many more students will enjoy the benefits of this school in the years to come.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teaching from a biblical point of view is what helps develop students into Christ followers at this school. It is what makes it different.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

We have found the homework to be rigorous but not too much. We have appreciated the flexibility teacher have given to our kids when appropriate...still holding them accountable but understanding that sometimes life can be bigger than homework.

I love this school! It has been such a blessing to my family and my children are well educated are are well-prepared for college and life. There are many extra-curricular activities to try. The staff and teachers are absolutely the best part. One of our students struggled with academics for a time and I was amazed with how well the staff responded to help him. Is more then succeeding now.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

You can get away with anything. There's no high school principal. The elementary principal just sends you to the Dean of something-or-other who is rarely there and overwhelmed. Stealing is rampant, too.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Nope. Well, let me rephrase. They will give your kid tons of stuff to do for extra credit or let them re-try a whole bunch of times so they get their grade up. This way, their scores look good for stats and all that.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Leadership at this school is a joke. The head of schools puts on a good show, loves to make videos and talk your ear off at functions, but sit down and chat with him about real school issues and you'll get nothing but the run-around. Listen for real answers. You won't get any.

Develops character: Agree

They try hard to do this and it works for those that come from a true Christian home. Unfortunately, they are allowing more and more students in that do not seem to come from a Christian background. I agree we need to reach out to those, be disciples, but I am not so sure that bringing them into the school is the right place to do it. If children are Christians and come from a Christian home, yes. But save the true disciplining for another time and place. Children need to have a save, stress-free place to learn and that is why I send my child to private school.

Last modified Open Door Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12