Bad
Good

O R Edgington Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
This school is a joke. A bad one. My child was bullied by peers every day, and the teachers and administrators did worse than nothing. They ignored it. They made excuses for it. They blamed my child for it. They blamed us for it. They pointed their finger at everyone else instead of taking responsibility for it, and allowed the bullying to continue to the point where we had to remove our child from the school.

O R Edgington Elementary School 5

Posted March 04, 2008
My son has been diagnosed with ADHD and has experienced truly tremendous teachers who have worked with him to best meet his needs as an individual. My daughter has been identified gifted and attends this school as well. This school and its teachers have provided opportunities for acceleration that are best suited for her as an individual. I can't imagine a better place for both of my children with very different needs.

O R Edgington Elementary School

Posted April 24, 2006
Yes, I have to agree w/ what the parent said in regards to ADD/ADHD. My son, who has ADD has been treated wonderfully. Not only was he evaluated before the school year began. He was put on an IEP immediatley. We then have meetings during the year to reevaluate his progress - which I might add has been amazing.

O R Edgington Elementary School 5

Posted November 07, 2005
This school has consistently ranked among the highest of schools in Ohio, and with good reason. The class sizes are reasonable, the teachers are accessible, as is all of the staff, and the extra carricular activities are plentiful. As for the comment regarding ADD/ADHD, I have found the staff, including the principal, to be professional, sensitive, and willing to go the extra mile. IEP's are regular and consistent, and personally, we have seen enormous growth and improvement in our ADD diagnosed child. We have another child on the other end of the spectrum, and he too is treated appropriately for his age and intelligence level. Northmont Schools in general have a great sports program, and the community is very involved. O.R. Edginton has a great principle in Dr. Best; he is always available to parents for any reason.

O R Edgington Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2004
The problem I found was certain teachers speaking to the children in a way that was demeaning and inappropriate. I was not the only parent with this problem. I found that this is not the school for any child that may have a learning disability, ADD or ADHD.

O R Edgington Elementary School
515 North Main St, Englewood, OH  45322
Last modified O R Edgington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O R Edgington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top