Fairborn High School 4

Posted April 23, 2014
My son transferred to the district after the leaving Beavercreek, which clearly has issues with embracing diversity. The school has a strong community pride. Many of the families are military and move in and out of the district, which accounts for the fluctuation in enrollment and funding. I am a teacher in another district and I am very involved with my children's education. I have no complaints about the education my son receives. Currently, the school is rated an Excellent STEM public school by the Ohio Department of Education.

Fairborn High School 4

Posted July 28, 2013
I was a student teacher at Fairborn High School this past year and I have also subbed there and at the elementary schools. I enjoyed my time at Fairborn High School very much. The teacher I worked with was great and the rest of the teaching staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I loved the principals and the office staff. Admittedly, I was nervous about teaching there because of past reviews from a few years back, but I couldn't have been placed in a better district. From my point of view the teachers seem to really care about the students. I didn't notice any excessive behavior or discipline issues beyond typical things like being tardy. The principals were very supportive. Anytime I spoke to them or asked for assistance they were more than willing to oblige.

Posted September 17, 2009
Its a great school and the people who teach our students are the best..My children and grandchildren have gone to this school and have never complained always gave praise..

Fairborn High School 0

Posted May 30, 2009
All of my children have attended Fairborn High School. I have totally lost my patience with this school district. I have checked out the ratings of the school for 2009, the overall rating is a 4. Other surrounding school districts have received an 8 or better. What is going on? I cannot get any information from any teachers or staff about this situation. I am seriously considering allowing my youngest son to test for his G.E.D so that he can continue on with his education if he chooses to, without the stress of impatient, insensitive school staff. Because of the high school's lack of interest in their students, not one of my children is even interested in attending college. Something needs to be done soon.

Posted May 07, 2009
Excellent academics, especially for college prep. Teachers are first class: there are more nationally certifies teachers in Fairborn Schools than in any other district in the area. A first class high school focused on preparing kids for work, college, or service in the military. My kids enjoyed the extracurricular activities (band, choir, clubs), while taking a full load of honors and AP classes. Both have done well at top universities. My nieces and nephews are at FHS now and are being well prepared to go on to college.

Posted May 06, 2009
Fairborn High School is an outstanding high school-offering curriculum in honors and advanced placement-STEM programming with Biomedical Science and Engineering 101-this is a gem in the Miami Valley area-strong teaching staff and caring administration! Very satisfied with FHS!

Fairborn High School 0

Posted March 29, 2009
The absolute worst. College prep is a joke, the superintendent is a egomaniac. The school can't get to even excellent after five years of his 'rule' Now his henchman are on the board...stay away at all cost

Fairborn High School 1

Posted March 29, 2009
I could not disagree more with the previous post. College prep is a joke; they start talking about college financial aid in the fall of the students senior year. Up and coming? They have been effective for five years and counting. Yes, there are some good teachers there, but they seem outnumbered by many who just go along and don't care. The district as a whole needs new leadership or the district will continue to slide. If you are new to the area, drive around and see the other HS's in the area...trust me, the disparity in facilities is also true in the academics and athletics. There are some smart kids in the Fairborn schools, however at the HS level they mostly just get left behind by other students in other districts. The stats don't lie, find another district to put your kids in.

Fairborn High School 2

Posted March 01, 2009

Fairborn High School 1

Posted September 26, 2008
The ratings are based on a new 'value added measure' this year and not what the kids actually score on tests. The school has a lot of problems, the food in the cafeteria is not nutritional, lot of sugary snacks, many discipline problems, not a good school at all!

Fairborn High School
900 E Dayton Yellow Springs Rd, Fairborn, OH  45324
Last modified Fairborn High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairborn High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.