Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 05, 2016
She is a special needs teacher who is dedicated, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She takes her job seriously. She makes education enjoyable and instills a desire to learn in the children. She takes the time to learn what motivates the individual and uses those motivators to encourage the child to reach for higher goals.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 05, 2016
They are teaching respect for all people and responsibility for individual choices. Students are encouraged to seek answers to better understand ethnic differences.

Posted February 05, 2016
Three generations of my family have graduated or are now attending Fairborn schools. Every graduate went on to receive advanced education and degrees. My grandchild is autistic and the special needs program in the district is fantastic. I can't say enough about it.

Fairborn High School 4

Posted April 23, 2014
My son transferred to the district after the leaving Beavercreek, which clearly has issues with embracing diversity. The school has a strong community pride. Many of the families are military and move in and out of the district, which accounts for the fluctuation in enrollment and funding. I am a teacher in another district and I am very involved with my children's education. I have no complaints about the education my son receives. Currently, the school is rated an Excellent STEM public school by the Ohio Department of Education.

Fairborn High School 4

Posted July 28, 2013
I was a student teacher at Fairborn High School this past year and I have also subbed there and at the elementary schools. I enjoyed my time at Fairborn High School very much. The teacher I worked with was great and the rest of the teaching staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I loved the principals and the office staff. Admittedly, I was nervous about teaching there because of past reviews from a few years back, but I couldn't have been placed in a better district. From my point of view the teachers seem to really care about the students. I didn't notice any excessive behavior or discipline issues beyond typical things like being tardy. The principals were very supportive. Anytime I spoke to them or asked for assistance they were more than willing to oblige.

Posted September 17, 2009
Its a great school and the people who teach our students are the best..My children and grandchildren have gone to this school and have never complained always gave praise..

Posted May 30, 2009
All of my children have attended Fairborn High School. I have totally lost my patience with this school district. I have checked out the ratings of the school for 2009, the overall rating is a 4. Other surrounding school districts have received an 8 or better. What is going on? I cannot get any information from any teachers or staff about this situation. I am seriously considering allowing my youngest son to test for his G.E.D so that he can continue on with his education if he chooses to, without the stress of impatient, insensitive school staff. Because of the high school's lack of interest in their students, not one of my children is even interested in attending college. Something needs to be done soon.

Posted May 07, 2009
Excellent academics, especially for college prep. Teachers are first class: there are more nationally certifies teachers in Fairborn Schools than in any other district in the area. A first class high school focused on preparing kids for work, college, or service in the military. My kids enjoyed the extracurricular activities (band, choir, clubs), while taking a full load of honors and AP classes. Both have done well at top universities. My nieces and nephews are at FHS now and are being well prepared to go on to college.

Posted May 06, 2009
Fairborn High School is an outstanding high school-offering curriculum in honors and advanced placement-STEM programming with Biomedical Science and Engineering 101-this is a gem in the Miami Valley area-strong teaching staff and caring administration! Very satisfied with FHS!

Posted March 29, 2009
The absolute worst. College prep is a joke, the superintendent is a egomaniac. The school can't get to even excellent after five years of his 'rule' Now his henchman are on the board...stay away at all cost

900 E Dayton Yellow Springs Rd, Fairborn, OH  45324
Last modified Fairborn High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.