Bad
Good

I went to this school as a child and some of the same great teachers are their. I have two daughters one has moved onto the 5/6 grade building the other is still at central. My youngest has a speech problem and started getting special attention to it in a preschool program that was ran at the south school. This is her third year in the speech program and she is doing amazing. My family loves Fairfield schools and are choosing to stay and live here because of how amazing the schools are. If your child has a interesting in music Fairfield as a whole has one of the best music programs around winning awards every year including the 2012 world choir games. Please give this great school district a chance you won't regret it.

I had high hopes for this school after being told it carries high marks, but I was very let down. We had several incidents throughout the school year, but I won't take up too much space ranting about them. I will say this though, if your child is going into 1st grade at FF Central, I pray he/she doesn't get the teacher our children had. A few other mothers recently had a chat regarding this teacher our children had, and not a single one of us was even remotely happy with her teaching capabilities. She seems to play heavy favoritism, and every one of us noted she seems to use primarily negative reinforcement; including punishing the entire class for deeds one or two students may commit on a weekly basis. Her communication skills with the parents seem to carry a trend of being felt as if we were being talked down to, or not being looked in the eye. I was told this was her first year teaching - if that is the case, I hope she has learned a great deal about what it is to be a 1st grade teacher, & has grown and changed for the sake of future 1st graders. She was very cordial the first time we met, and I had high hopes, but my child will be attending a new school for her 2nd grade year.

We have had children at Central now for over 8 years and have nothing but praise. The teachers are very communicative and encourage higher level thinking from all of their students. We have always felt that every teacher we have had over the years, genuinely cares about our kids. Central is different because they don't have "average" kids. They have many different students from many different backgrounds. It's easy to teach kids that all come from the same place, but Central goes above and beyond to not only celebrate the different cultures represented in their school, but to see that EVERY child succeeds. Central is a school that celebrates diversity, teaches acceptance, and has built a genuine community of caring not matched by any other school in the district. Keep us the great work!

This is my son's second year in the Fairfield School District. I also was hesistant to stay with Central, but have found it to be a wonderful school. The children are truly the focus here! Family events are frequent and the teachers are wonderful. They are very safe conscious. The principal could use a lesson in friendliness, but otherwise a great school!

Last modified Fairfield Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.