Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The only teacher that stood out to me is Mr. Jacobs. He is an excellent teacher. He really knows how to motivate his students. You can tell he really cares about the material he's teaching. Mr. Jacobs was the one bright spot in my high school career. Incredible guy.

That teacher, voigt, should definitely be fired. As a former teacher, I am appalled at the fact that he judged our president in front of his students. I withheld opinion until he explained the situation himself, at which time it was apparent to me that he should no hold any responsible position with impressionable children.

In answer to a previous reviewer, the Fairfield High School sports & band trucks are paid for by the booster clubs, not the school district. And the trip to China was financed by a local company, again not the school district. It stinks that they had to eliminate busing, but the alternative was to eliminate teachers. My kids both are in the Fairfield High School, both in AP programs and have done outstanding on ACT's, etc. So I have to give the school and teachers a lot of credit. Not perfect, but my kids are doing better there than several friends' kids in private schools in the area. It's a very large school, but they have also done a nice job of getting the kids involved in extracurricular activities. The band and show choir programs are outstanding.

I would think that a great school would be one that makes busing a priority over sports. They have a large red truck with the footballs team logo on the side, I guess it's for football gear, although you could fit a dragster race car in it. When I went to school, we used one of the school buses for that.. They even say on their own website that it is safer for school kids to ride a bus rather than going by car yet they force you to drive your kids to the high school or they can walk, but they could have to cross 5 lanes of traffic (not safe, even the police said it wasn't safe). Kids that are just learning to drive are driving themselves to school (and paying $55. for parking) because their parents have no choice they will lose their jobs or let their kids drive themselves when they are not ready yet. The parents need to work. The school has screwed up priorities. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. The kids and the parents are the customers, not anyone in the school. They sent two people to China recently, said it was to study their education system, Why? Is that supposed to mean that we want to be just like Cihina? They hired a financial guy to help their finances?

My son is a junior and has been in the school system all his life. I am very pleased with his experience both academically, socially and athletics. The school has a top rated marching band. As a parent and a leader in the community, I am very proud of our high school.

My daughter has attended Fairfield HS for a year now and the teachers are very good and engaged in their students educational experience.

I am an Alumni of the school and It is a great place to get an education. FHS prepared me for college and my future in this world. Thanks FHA teachers.

The outstanding support of special need children

Good academics and professional staff

I give FHS a five star rating. The teachers are great and the adminstration is great. The principal is a great leader and has led the high school to six year of excellence.

Last modified Fairfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.