Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son has ADD and did great at West. So many of the teachers were caring and took time to figure out what he needed when he was struggling. My daughter is now in first grade there.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I suppose it depends on the school. And there are plenty. I'm sure the rich area schools are great. Not where we were. You can tell they hire and place skill level of teacher based on the ethnicity population of the school area. Just walk in the door and look around. Totally obvious.

To start: I grew up and graduated from FF, so I know it's potential and everything it has to offer. School: Teachers were terrible, support staff never giving my son the evaluations he needed for proper interventions, even though they were legally bound to do so. Each child is a number here- no one in the office knows who any kid or parent is. School is over crowded. District is too big. District: pathetic at best. My son was bullied for being chronically and terminally ill in FIRST grade by his peers. His teachers left him to just fall by the wayside. Rude, uncaring... pathetic. SAD to see how much had changed in 20 years. I packed up and left my hometown to go to a smaller school district where children are cared for and loved and KNOWN. Not to mention adequately taught and actually ABOVE state standards.

They have done a excellent job with my son going into 2nd grade he could not read at all and now he is In 3rd grade reading over 200 words now.

Fairfield West Elementary is the greatest school they are very involved with the children. Are very willing to help with any concerns or issues my child is having they always make time for the parents!!

My Daughter attends this school. The teachers are wonderful and the curriculum is great! I'm so proud that my Daughter is part of the Fairfield family!

Not the greatest school is you have a special needs kid who is smart.

I am a teacher at Fairfield West. Students come first in our school. We care about our students. Many oppourtunites are provided for all students to succeed. Our PTC provides activities once a month for our school community. It's a great place to be part of a school family.

Last modified Fairfield West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.