Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 25, 2015
I suppose it depends on the school. And there are plenty. I'm sure the rich area schools are great. Not where we were. You can tell they hire and place skill level of teacher based on the ethnicity population of the school area. Just walk in the door and look around. Totally obvious.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted July 25, 2015
They barely get through the basics, they have no time for personal development of the individual child.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 25, 2015
All they care about are scores, statistics and money. They are not invested in the individual child. If they were, so many wouldn't fall through the cracks here and they could better manage such a large amount of students they have in this district.

Fairfield West Elementary School 2

Posted July 25, 2015
To start: I grew up and graduated from FF, so I know it's potential and everything it has to offer. School: Teachers were terrible, support staff never giving my son the evaluations he needed for proper interventions, even though they were legally bound to do so. Each child is a number here- no one in the office knows who any kid or parent is. School is over crowded. District is too big. District: pathetic at best. My son was bullied for being chronically and terminally ill in FIRST grade by his peers. His teachers left him to just fall by the wayside. Rude, uncaring... pathetic. SAD to see how much had changed in 20 years. I packed up and left my hometown to go to a smaller school district where children are cared for and loved and KNOWN. Not to mention adequately taught and actually ABOVE state standards.

Posted May 16, 2015
They have done a excellent job with my son going into 2nd grade he could not read at all and now he is In 3rd grade reading over 200 words now.

Posted April 18, 2014
Fairfield West Elementary is the greatest school they are very involved with the children. Are very willing to help with any concerns or issues my child is having they always make time for the parents!!

Posted September 24, 2012
My Daughter attends this school. The teachers are wonderful and the curriculum is great! I'm so proud that my Daughter is part of the Fairfield family!

Posted March 27, 2009
Not the greatest school is you have a special needs kid who is smart.

Posted November 22, 2008
I am a teacher at Fairfield West. Students come first in our school. We care about our students. Many oppourtunites are provided for all students to succeed. Our PTC provides activities once a month for our school community. It's a great place to be part of a school family.

Posted August 26, 2003
I am very impressed by the curriculum and the quality of the education at Fairfield West. Until now, only one of my daughters was attending and now from this year both my daughters would be attending. Mr. Martin, Principal, and my daughter's teachers have been excellent help in guiding my daughter and myself in what needs to be done in school. Thank you!

4700 River Rd, Fairfield, OH  45014
Last modified Fairfield West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.