Goshen Lane Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2011
I read the negative comments when I started looking at schools and I was discouraged at first but I'm so glad to disagree with the other reviews. This will be my daughter's 3rd year (4th grade) at Goshen andf I couldn't be prouder. The teachers are great and take learning seriously, they have counselors on staff to help with any problems, the school could use a little remodeling but other than that, my daughter loves going there. They have so many activities and events for the kids...they are open minded and helpful. My daughter gets challenged in the classroom and is also in the accelerated program. Needless to say, I'm a proud parent...

Posted August 22, 2010
Our son had an excellent experience with Goshen Lane. Our son needed some special attention and an intervention team was assembled. Quarterly strategy conferences were held throughout the year to discuss which approaches were working and what changes needed to be made. The teachers, counselor and principal were very caring and knowledgeable at a critical time for us. We will never forget the help they provided and our son is really thriving now. Our younger son is getting ready to start K and I am confident he will have a great time there. The highly diverse environment is a wonderful real-world experience for our kids. I highly recommend this school to everyone and have shared our story by word of mouth as well. Thank you Goshen Lane Staff!!

Goshen Lane Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
They care a lot about kids! Great teachers there

Posted September 30, 2008

Posted July 03, 2008
My son had the best experience at the special education preschool! Everything the preschool teacher incorporated into her class had a purpose. She had a weekly theme incorporating a new letter, number, shape and seasonal/object theme into the curriculum. Her class was very structured which included regular daily living skills, handwriting practice, calendar time, weather time, dressing a bear according weather each school day, circle sharing time with kids bringing objects as it related to topics, social play time, a theme craft time which was fun and worked on fine motor skills, snack time as well as usually a teacher led weekly snack making time relating to themes of the week. The support staff of an teacher's assistant, speech therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist and adaptive physical education teacher worked well together with the preschool teacher!

Posted May 15, 2008
I love Goshen - it is the best school - the teachers really, really great and care about the students.

Goshen Lane Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2008

Posted February 22, 2008
Since my son Alex has started this school this year, his grades have dramatically improved, and he says he loves it..as a parent that makes me happy.

Goshen Lane Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
I think that while there is much room for improvement regarding parent participation for those that do choose to take extra steps to work with the teachers so that home experiences, lessons, and reading are in line with a shared vision for student progress are very satisfied. I have two children enrolled in Goshen Lane and I have worked with dedicated faculty and staff!

Goshen Lane Elementary School 3

Posted January 27, 2006
GLES is probably okay for most students but for mine it just was not challenging enough. My daughter went to an all day Kindergarten. Since everyone was working hard she did not think anything of the expectations. When she went to GLES in first grade she was used to being challenged every week. By the time I was able to move her, my daughter had gotten used to not having to work hard. I am sure that some that there were teachers at GLES that could have helped challenge my daughter but I was not able to get the help I need in order to place her with the right teachers. My daughter needed to be placed in a class that you probably thought was hard for her, because then she will rise to the challenge. My daughter now goes to a different school.

Goshen Lane Elementary School
370 Goshen Ln, Gahanna, OH  43230
Last modified Goshen Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goshen Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.