Bad
Good

This entire school district, not just the high school, has been excellent. We have 5 kids in the district, two of them with special needs. The district has gone out of their way to be sure that all of our kids feel included. Teachers have been not only good role models for our children while at school, but most are involved in activities outside of school as well. All of the teachers, administrators, and parent groups we have interacted with have all had nothing but the best in mind for our students.

I just moved to central Ohio and started the end of 1st semester here at Gahanna Lincoln. I love this school, I really do. It is really diverse and the teachers actually teach you. Granted, there are some teachers that push you harder than others and who you may not see eye-to-eye with, but they are really helping you in the long run. The only problem I have run in to was that there are TOO MANY classes to choose from and I know that I won't be able to enjoy all of them by the time I graduate. I like that you can take some classes in the summer to get full credit and then be able to open up some space in your schedule. I feel very challenged at this school- which is a good thing. The classes you choose you can adapt to easily, as the teachers make it easy to "personalize" and the work you are given is given to you based on your ability. You are able to personally suceed in this school as teachers don't make all kids stay behind if just one is struggling. The arts program here is PHENOMINAL. I really enjoy the productions that the put on at the school and the music education (ex. choir) is EXCELLENT. I am in the choir at GLHS and our teacher, Mr. Lahman really knows what he is doing

I would concur with the other raters that the special needs/education is lacking. There seems to be some level of comfort with allowing kids to fail. It should not be ok. The emails come for dress code violations, drop off info, levy,... but where is the concern when the kids are not succeeding in class? There are paid professionals at the school to assist but I have not found them helpful nor do they reach out to parents in those cases. Much frustration with the current many layers of administration!

This school is not a nurturing environment for children. The staff is more concern about promotions and image. Becareful. Teachers do not grade papers correctly. The school abuses giving out dentitions versus helping and teaching children with everyday decisions while at school. No support system for the children only for the teachers. Classroom teachers show very little respect for children with special needs and do not take a lot of initiative to do more to hell them. Most, but not all, teachers push children thru without providing them a solid educational foundation. Becareful and speakup.

I attended GLHS all four years of high school. It was amazing. The teachers are so dedicated to what they do. The curriculum is challenging and fantastic in preparing students for college. Take advantage of the honors and AP courses - they are definitely worth it. Extra curriculars are top of the line. Graduates go on to do great things.

So far so good. Our daughter is a sophomore at Lincoln and we were very scared of the large school, and the high school experience as a whole. Mr. Carter made us feel comfortable with the transition. Our daughter is now in honors english, Advanced Math, and renassiance. She is also in band and plays bass drum. There are lots of activites and the students are like a family. I stay in touch with the teachers through email, and they are always receptive to parent/ teacher support. So far I have no complaints. I have a son who will be a freshman this year and I hope he does just as well. Rhasha Williams-Hoosier( Brittany, Ana, & Tre's mom)

I went to GLHS all four years of high school and had a great experience! I graduated class of 2004 and am so grateful that I had the opportunity to go to a school that had so many wonderful things to offer! The teachers were great, the atmosphere was diverse, and the choices that we as students were given with everything from classes, to extra curriculars was outstanding. Go Lions!!!

I went to Gahanna Jefferson schools from the 4th grade until the 10th grade. It was phenomenal. Not only did I get exceptional education, I was surrounded by people that had a good influence on me. Very rarely did I run across teachers who 'didn't care'. As a matter of fact, Mr. Glieco, who taught me US History, was a VERY hard teacher whom I thought didn't care. But he noticed my grade dropping and gave me a 'tough love' talk and I got myself back on track. No school is ever perfect, but when I transfered to a high school in West Georgia, I realized how I took for granted their MANY classes available, something I quickly realized when my new shcool offered electives as 'fun' as Spanish and Cosmetology. I think the new principal, Mr. Carter, will do great! And he's so handsome!

I graduated from GLHS, both of my kids did also. One of my children is special needs and Gahanna schools did a fantastic job for her during grades K-12.

I attended this school for 4 years and it is a large school with many oppurtunities for kids to pursue individual interests in sports, arts, and academics.

Last modified Lincoln High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.