Bad
Good

The principal is very involved and helps keep order which I think is necessary. He maintains a positive atmosphere while still remaining approachable, and using his role to motivate student (if they raise X dollars for charity he will sleep at the school, etc.). The school also offers Chinese starting in 2nd grade. Overall the teachers have been great, and my daughter loves it.

My daughter is leaving Royal Manor for middle school in the next few days. We are very sad to leave the nurturing environment provided by the staff at Royal Manor. I am continually impressed by the number of teachers that attend after school events. THIS IS EXTRA! These activities are NOT part of their job and not in the contract. They do these things because they care. Also, this teaches students to care and the importance of giving back. My daughter has had many experiences here that she would not have had at other schools in the district or in the state. She has been challenged, and made to feel safe. On one occassion, there had been a mass, nationally covered, school shooting. Mr. Oxley and the staff, assured the students each day that they were at a safe school and their teachers would look after them. Many schools talkied about the shooting itself. I feel this is not age appropriate. I LOVE how they have taught my daughter a system to the writing process and added to it each year. I have not seen this anywhere else. This consistency from year to year is key to learning and is just one example of their excellence. I bid Royal Manor a sad farewell with a tear in my eye.

I have two children in this school and they are really loving it here. My kindergartener is in all day K and she has progressed so much since the beginning of the year that I am really so impressed and my fifth grader is making great strides at this school as well when he hadn't liked his previous school as much. He is making straight A's and is a top student in his class and his teacher is so glad to have him in class. I am so happy with the Gahanna school system all together. I have yet to deal with a rude person from a teacher or secretary or principal or any staff member, they have all be exceptional. Keep up the great work!!

Two of my kids attend here and they hate it the teachers are lazy, they dont help the student get ready for their future. All they care about is their money

I have 2 children attending Royal Manor. Both have had a positive experience. Our principal is focused on providing a positive learning environment for all children, the teachers are dedicated and it's been my experience that they work well with parents to meet the needs of your children. I've experienced working with the speech teacher, the reading teachers and the classroom teachers. I have found all of the teachers to be available and willing to work before and after school hours with my student. I'm involved in our pta and have found this group of parents dedicated and providing enriching activites to our school such as author visits, the COSI planetarium, field trips, etc. I am glad that we also have music, art, and PE in our school- my kids love these classes. The only negative..our schools gifted children will in-district transfer to Chapelfield Elementary . Especially when you have more than one child enrolled, it's difficult to consider splitting your children between schools. All in all, Royal Manor is a great school! Gahanna Schools have been a good experience for our family.

Best elementary school in the Gahanna School district. Great staff, wonderful and caring principal. Amizing and loving teachers. My children like this school

My children attend Royal Manor. I love this school and the staff. The teachers really care about the kids. The principal is wonderful as well and you can tell he really loves his students. I can not say enough good about this school. This is a great school if you are considering moving into the Gahanna district.

The school is not what it used to be the teachers are lazy and dont care about the students I am leaving this area so my children do not have to ever attend this school again@! Very upset parent

My daughter will be going into the second grade next year and i just want to say they have the best 1st grade teachers anyone could ask for thier child. The whole staff is really great and they really care about the children!

Simply the best staff. Excellent principal, great school!

Last modified Royal Manor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.