Posted February 28, 2014
I am continually astounded at the high level of learning. My daughter is learning effective communication and leadership skills far beyond what I consider the typical curriculum. The communication between school administration and parents is constant. I am very grateful to live in this community.

Posted October 03, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at High Point, and I am beyond impressed! I love that the student with special needs are incorporated in the regular classroom. It teaches all of the students acceptance, and they learn to communicate in different ways. The school focuses on teaching 'The 7 Habits of Happy Kids' along with the normal academics, music, art, and PE. They have high expectations, but give the kids all of the tools they need to succeed. My daughter looks forward to going to school every day. Communication is great, and there is an incredible amount of family involvement. I have no complaints at all!

Posted April 27, 2011
I love this school! My 2 children go here. We moved from out of state last year and my oldest started first grade in mid-October here. She was extremely shy and I was concerned about the transition. They were so welcoming that by the end of the year "shy" did not describe her anymore. My youngest is in kindergarten and reading almost fluently here along with a lot of others in her class. The teachers are the best I've ever seen and the parent involvement is outstanding.

Posted April 24, 2010
My eldest daughter has been going there since Kindergarten. They have done an awesome job every year pairing her up with the right teacher. My youngest will be starting Kindergarten in the fall and I can't wait

Posted July 20, 2008
High Point is a wonderful school. They have such hard working teachers and dedicated staff. I feel like my children are extremely challenged and are developing a love of life long learning. We are so sad that we are leaving High Point. We will always remember the great times here and know that we will always be welcome back. I believe that my students got the best education they could have. In fact, I used to be in favor of private schools (I went to one), but High Point exceeded every expectation that I had and I chose not to send my students at private school but keep them at High Point.

Posted April 07, 2008

Posted September 08, 2007
I have Never been discouraged from participating in my child's education at this school. In fact, on curriculum night, one teacher passed around 2 or 3 different volunteer sheets for parents to come in and read, help in the classroom, participate in activities with the guidance counselor, etc. Additionally, a number of teachers know my pre-schooler by name and address him specifically when we walk my older child into the building. I also disagree that the classes are being taught to the bottom 5 in the class. I believe all children get academic differentiation at this school and High Point would not have the OAT scores that they continually have if the children weren't being challenged daily. This elementary school is currently the only thing keeping me from moving into the Olentangy district.

High Point Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2007
- a former student

Posted September 05, 2007
I have two children at High Point. We have been very happy with the education our children have received and the efforts put forth by the staff. I am amazed at how every year each of our children seem to get the teacher that meets their particular set of needs. I have a very sensitive son and to see him come home happy and confident is a wonderful thing. I also do not agree that High Point is teaching to the bottom five children in the class. If that were happening, I don't believe their test scores would be among some of the highest in the state.

High Point Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2007
I disagree with the comments. I have found that with all my kids the classes in general are taught at a level the the bottom 5 kids in the class can do well with out trying to hard. Also the school puts extra effort at keeping parents out of the school and breaking up family ties. don't try and walk into the school with a younger sibling.

High Point Elementary School
700 Venetian Way, Gahanna, OH  43230
Last modified High Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Point Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.