Posted August 19, 2012
I went to St. Matthews from 1st to 8th grade. I didn't know it then but the curriculum was very challenging. My freshmen year of high school was very easy compared to eighth grade and reminded me of my sixth grade year there. I also recieved an excellent faith education, as well as enjoying a great youth ministry at the parish. The technology is also excellent and get's better every year. The classes are small (about 70 per grade) and by our last year we were practically a family. A few teachers should definitely not be teaching, but the majority of them will be retiring soon. The new principal is a lot better than the old one with disciplining the students and the staff. Drawbacks include since it is a K-8 school, it feels extremely small by the time you are middl school aged. The 6-8 hall is actually smaller than the areas for the younger students. There are also lower school teachers and aides that seem to despise anyone higher than 5th grade, frustrating sometimes but we we mostly just laughed it off. They also continue to insist on sending us to "Technology" and "Media" classes but its really just a waste of time because we ended up teaching the teachers who never had a clue.

Posted February 09, 2012
Overall it is very good school but there are definitely a few teachers that should not be teaching.

St Matthew School 5

Posted November 01, 2010
This school is exactly what we were hoping for for our child's education. It's a very tight-knit community with a lot of parental involvement. Everyone is commited to giving the children of St. Matthew's the best that there is to offer. Mr. Rotella is one of the best principals I have come across. It's his hands-on approach that will make St. Matthew an even better school.

Posted May 07, 2008
Small Catholic private school where the staff and parents are very involved and supportive. We have had a very positive experience.

St Matthew School 5

Posted May 26, 2006

St Matthew School
795 Havens Corners Road, Gahanna, OH  43230
Last modified St Matthew School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Matthew School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.