Posted February 11, 2014
I am very proud to be a graduate of this school. I attended Columbus Academy since pre-kindergarten and have love every day of it. The faculty are amazing and I still keep in touch with many of them months after graduation because if the impact they've made on me. I only know a handful of people in my entire time at the school who don't share these same sentiments.

Posted November 16, 2013
I am a student at Columbus Academy and I have been going there since kindergarden. I love it there and I have always felt like it was another home to me. Sure some people can be snobby, but it can be like that at any school no matter where you live. The education is amazing and so are the teachers.

The Columbus Academy 1

Posted September 04, 2013
I am very glad that the former headmaster stepped down or retired. Things will become brighter after he is gone.

Posted August 21, 2013
Awesome school - great academics and athletics - if you want your child to reach their true potential, send them here. Parents are always welcome and encouraged to stay active in their children's education and the school. We have just started out 8th year at the school with 2 girls here.

Posted May 06, 2013
I love this school. My daughter has attended CA for 8 years and has flourished at CA. We are not wealthy like many of the parents but I have never witnessed any snobbery from other parents. The average ACT, SAT and National Merit recipients at CA speak volumes about how well CA teachers teach and CA students perform. The faculty is caring and supportive. The curriculum is very rigorous. As for the administration, they do lean to the liberal left agenda, which is concerning at times, but the bottom line is that the academics are top-notch.

The Columbus Academy 1

Posted April 14, 2013
I had my 4 children at CA for 10 years and the experience was horrible. During that time Columbus Academy became an ultra-liberal left wing indoctrination camp. Academics are long forgotten as the agenda to pursue left wing ideology has taken over. Mandatory homosexual teaching is forced on the students from an early age. The current headmaster is committed to promoting a far left political slate, and educational or intellectual efforts are utterly secondary now. The change is drastic, complete and heinous. A quick check through year books of years past shows a number of students going to Harvard/MIT/Stanford/CalTech, etc. Current matriculation lists show only rare ivy league/ powerhouse school attendance, and in almost every case -- sports related. In my opinion Stanford doesn't count if your child goes there for field hockey. Parents at CA privately complain, and publicly donate heavily to the school to be just like everyone else, country clubbing at its finest. The large number of students on financial aid assure silence. The upper school recruits transfer students heavily because the "lifers" cannot generate impressive ACT/SAT scores. Do not send your kids here. Danger
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 14, 2012
We have been so fortunate to have had the opportunity to send our son to CA. Our son, while always having been strong in academics, struggled socially and phsically(fine and gross motor issues). CA looks at the whole picture and works as a team to make sure their students succeed in every aspect. Because of their dedication, my son is now a well rounded "regular kid" who has gained a great deal of confidence. As for some of the reviewers talking about the parents or money, it's really not an issue. While we are well off compared to the rest of the world, we are by no means rich compared to many of the CA families. It's never been an issue. Everyone there has the same goal for their children and they tend to bond over that, not how much they have in their bank account.

Posted May 08, 2012
I don't quite understand why people are focusing on the parents at Columbus Academy. Of course, there are very well of parents, who possibly at times can be "snobby" as some put it, but this school isn't about parents. The Columbus Academy is an incredible school for your child. Notice how I said child? Your child gets one to one attention from teachers and the student to teacher ratio is very low, which helps them get that attention. The academics are challenging and the teachers really try to get the best from a student. Something I really love is the new "One to One" program. In one of the grades, the Academy is lending a school owned iPad to each student. There are apps that the teachers download for the students. Mostly, the apps are for note takings. Some of the note taking apps have an ability to record the lecture that the teacher is teaching vocally, while the student writes and takes notes. I think this is a huge highlight of the Columbus Academy. This school not only focuses on academics, although the very much do, but they focus on the arts and sports as well. This school takes a lot of hard work, but it definitely worth it in the future.

Posted July 17, 2011
I've read through the most critical comments on this website and I have to say that many of the comments are not factual. Yes, there are some snobby parents and kids, but there are plenty of nice kids in every grade. Academics at Academy are far more important than sports, but we do have a few excellent teams (i.e. field hockey, tennis, track, swimming, boy's soccer). I would argue that the best parts of Academy athletics are the JV teams--I know, it seems strange, but let me explain--since there are so few students, many of these teams really need people. I am not an athletic person and I know if I went to a public school, I wouldn't be able to play sport at all, but on the JV girl's soccer team (which had about 14 people last season), I got to play for almost all of every game. I think I spent 10 minutes on the bench all season. Academics are undeniably rigorous, but that's why my parents send me to the school. I'll start my junior year next fall and I've already taken three AP exams (Biology, Calculus AB, and US History). I earned 5s (the highest score) on all of these tests and I doubt I would have been able to if I hadn't had such excellent teachers.

Posted February 27, 2011
I have attend Academy since I was in the lower school and I have love it. The teachers at the school push you to your limits and want to see you secede. Academy is not an easy school but it will get you to where you need to go.

The Columbus Academy