No rating

Gahanna Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 350 students

Living in Gahanna

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $127,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Sweep tile

Posted April 3, 2014

I am a current student here in high school. I have been here since I was in first grade and my appreciation of the school has lowered dramatically in my high school years. The curriculum is not difficult, in my opinion, and the teachers are to lenient. The students here are disrespectful and do not listen to the teachers at all. There are not a lot of options for someone who wants to challenge them self in their education and/or extra-curricular life. The 'higher up" staff members do not do a good job disciplining students. The people in charge make decisions seemingly based on emotions -- they do not want anyone to dislike them! Some teachers here are great (such as higher math and HS English teachers. But others are not good at all. Teachers here do not have to even have a teaching degree (let alone in the area that they are told to teach) to work here. Gahanna Christian Academy has problems that they need to work out if they want enrollment to rise.

Posted April 2, 2014

As someone who was raised Christian and became an Atheist as soon as I was able to think for myself, i would attribute that transformation primarily to this school. I went from K-6 and by the time I was leaving they had entirely convinced me that their god was [redacted] because of their hypocritical practices, homophobic hate speech, and exclusionary attitude. They make you think that Christians are a persecuted minority. Their high school program is TERRIBLE, do not listen to anyone who says otherwise. I received a much better education and much more attention and help from teachers and other faculty in the Westerville public school system. Don't send your kid here if you want them to stay a Christian. Anyone in the right mind will run away from religion as fast as they can while attending this school.

Posted March 5, 2014

Yea, this school expelled me for doin it in a class room. Not to mention they never knock when you can obviously hear me knockin one out in the locker room. Don't go here if you be lookin to get lucky.

Posted March 5, 2014

Dis skewl be bizzin my grizzins, ya feel me. Likes, every time i try to be jib-jabn my jizznaggin, they be all lyk, "Yo man! Fojizzlin ur shmindizzlin durin a Scraggton?!! Shmangy to smointtinson bro!" Ya see what im sayin? Lyk, reel talk. Church!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 5, 2014

Gahanna Christian is a great school. They have a great staff who take time to care about and encourage our kids to recognize their gifts and talents and challenge them to grow academically and spiritually. There is a great sense of family. We appreciate the effort that has been put forth to keep our children safe by providing secure facilities.

Posted April 10, 2012

I am very pleased with GCA. I have found the Christian environment, the curriculum, and the small student teacher ratio have greatly benefitted my child. My child is enjoying learning for the sake of learning, not just to pass a test as was the case in public school. She is being challenged academically, and I have seen much character growth and spiritual growth as well. The students, teachers, and staff genuinely show the love of Christ.

Posted February 2, 2012

We have found GCA to be a great high school experience. Students and parents come together in leadership and learning. This school has many things to offer. Great things are happening at GCA!

Posted June 11, 2011

GCA used to be a really good school, but is now comparable to an inner-city public school. Standards have been lowered and the Christian environment has drastically changed to that of a Columbus public school setting. Not worth the tuition anymore when you can receive the same, if not more services, from a public school.

Posted March 27, 2011

I am a freshman at GCA and would not reccomentd the school to anyone. Although there are many good people, there are far more questionable people than should be in a christian enviornment. If you have a high school student please consider things they may find critical to High school such as football, prom and social clubs. If any of these things are important to your student GCA is not the place for them. Some of the "standards" are ridiculous, for example there are no dances of any form because dancing is frowned upon. I do not consider GCA to be a high school worth even half the tuition. I have not enjoyed my time there and will not be attending next year.

Posted September 22, 2010

Our experience at GCA has been wonderful. We have two children enrolled and have always been more than pleased. The staff is readily available and caring. The Christian character is outstanding. This year has brought some changes with a much larger student body. The staff and new MS/HS principal have done a tremendouse job.

Posted July 26, 2010

Our experience at GCA has turned out to be a disaster. Our family has been there for many, many years. The standards have been lowered. We took our children out of GCA, this has been the best decision yet. Don't throw your money away on GCA. Look around before you decide to enroll. This school has turned out to be a Columbus Public school enviorment and this is not what we want our children around and this is not what we want to pay for!

Posted May 27, 2010

GCA has been such a blessing to my family. Our son has gone to GCA for K, 1st, and 2nd grade. He is now enrolled for next year 3rd grade. Practically every parent-teacher meeting has begun in prayer. Teachers have emailed and called me with any concerns they've had. I can't say enough about the Christian environment, academic quality, and exceptional teachers. Our son's Kind. teacher held my hand when our son was diagnosed with his condition. She surely went beyond anything I expected from a school teacher. I wouldn't have my son anywhere else. He is more than worth what we've spent on his education. Every penny has been well spent. T. Johnson

Posted May 22, 2009

My kid is at GCA preschool since a year now and I must say,the teachers are very good and caring. The preschool office staff is good too. So far so good for us and my daughter loves going to school,thats the most important thing for me as a parent.

Posted April 8, 2009

I went to this school, and I thought everything was below average for the money paid to send me there. If you want to send your kids to a poorly structured private school, I would recommend this school. If you actually want a quality education for your child, consider other private schools as an alternative. I would get personal opinions from people who have experienced GCA (aka, don't decide from an online review) and think carefully before you choose. Your choice will make or break your children.

Posted April 7, 2009

I have had 3 children go through this school from pre-school all the way through high school. Two are in college and doing very well. My third is in the tenth grade. GCA has been a blessing to all of us, and we are very thankful they were able to attend there. I am proud of the people they have become. Donna Belczak

Posted October 22, 2008

i am a freshman at gahanna christian and i've gone here since preschool. i can't explain how much this school means to me. if it wasn't for this school i know that i'd be into drugs and sex. this school has taught me that God is my Father and that i can talk to Him when i need too. the education is pretty good. a lot of public school kids that have gone to gahanna christian have told me that it is harder than thier public school. my friend who went to gmss came from there on the honor and was getting c's and d's. i know that sounds bad but this school doesn't offer much, but what it does offer its off the charts. excellet academics, excellet teachers who actually care about the students, but the sports could be a lot better.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 27, 2008

the high school was a horrible experience for my son and daughter. They both experiences horrible teachers. Both my son and my daughter hated that school and will never go back. if you are thinking about that school think again if you want a good christian environnment for them.

Posted July 16, 2008

i love my school!go there and be amazed!
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 13, 2007

The administration and staff are available if you make the proper effort to communicate (via e-mail, telephone or in person). We are pleased with the academic environment and are considering enrolling our youngest child next school year.

Posted August 13, 2007

In reference to the parent who said the principal is only part time - that is not true. GCA has full time Elementary, Middle/High School, and Assistant Middle/High School principals. The truth is, no school is perfect, but GCA is a good school with teachers/staff that really love the Lord and care about the kids.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 4% N/A
Two or more races 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Science lab

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:20 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (614) 471-9201

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room