PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Usually did not provide a clear direction for homework assignments

As a parent who spent quite a bit of money on this school, I was very disappointed in the academics. The teachers acted as if they didn't care, didn't really provide direction and leadership to the students or know how to handle the students. The teacher turnover is quite high. We were there only two years and we witnessed 8 teachers leave for better places. With the new superintendent coming in, she fired over 80% of the staff. As a parent, when we send emails or voicemails to talk to the teacher about our child, they would ignore our emails & calls to the point we had to go to the Principal, Mr. Fluhart who really didn't do anything. They started a new learning model which is project based but the teachers do not know how to implement it & the kids are confused. I feel my child took a step back with the bad teaching & leadership academically. I would not recommend spending your money to send your child to this school. I was very disappointed. My child socially enjoyed the school but academically, the teachers and the administration did not care and it is going to show on their test scores with the state. Save your money and send your child elsewhere!!!!

We removed our child from this school due to unresolved bullying issues. The school leadership was slow to respond to our concerns and the communication between the teachers, leadership and parents was poor. None of our efforts resolved the awful treatment our child was subjected to on a daily basis. We did not trust that our child was safe at this school. Shortly after our decision, the school announced that it was removing Bible classes from its curriculum and leaving it up to the teacher's to incorporate it into their classes. This confirmed to us that we made the correct decision to remove our child from the school. Furthermore they began telling many of their long term teachers (part of what made the school great) that they did not fit their future model and would not be invited back next year...or inviting them back as aids. These loyal teachers deserved much better treatment than this. This used to be a great school, but the new leadership under One Church has changed that completely. I do not recommend this school...especially when it comes to bullying.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It depends on which teacher you get that year. The older teachers are amazing but they are being let go this year.

An honest review to the best of my ability; my child has been attending Gca for two years. Our first year was great. The kindergarten teachers surpassed my expectations of what a Christian school should look like. Both Mrs. Cornell and Mrs. Brewer took time to shape who my child is and who he will become. This year hasn't been the best experience by any stretch of the imagination. My child has been bullied a countless number of times. Most of the kids come from a rough area in Columbus and it makes it hard for the others to fit in. This year we were told by One Church that the school will now be accepting families that are not Christian and that the schools Christianity will be based on weather the teacher wants to implement it in daily work or not. So next year (2017-2018) Gca will have non believer teachers and students. So what really sets them apart from a public school?? Other than tuition and "saying" that they are Christian... NOTHING! It's not worth your money to send your child there. One church has decided to either let the core teachers that have been there for 15+ years go or demote them to aids. These teachers are the very reason why this school has impacted the lives of many students. We are very sad to see these teachers go and hope the best for them. My expectation was to be able to keep my children in this school until they graduate but we will be moving on as well. My child is not a lab rat to test your theories on. Do NOT be deceived by how attractive the building looks. In my opinion if your goal is to raise your child in the ways of the Lord please go elsewhere.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They don't get to the root of things

It is exciting to see a vision for this school that is focused on individual student needs, while remember students need to be prepared to tackle the problems of this world.

I am so incredibly blessed to be able to send my children to Gahanna Christian Academy. We are very excited to be a part of the new vision for the school and we truly believe God is doing something wonderful. The staff has been really great to us, while going above and beyond for our children. Thank you GCA! We love you all and we are praying God's best for this school and our children's futures. -Aimee Cook

I am a student at this school, and sadly I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. GCA was very different when I first started my freshman year. We have changed administration since then and I personally believe that was a main reason why this school is going down hill. The new administration has a tendency of doing too much at once and only thinking about the future and not helping the present students. Recently, I think the Christian view of the school is bad because many students aren't actually believers and are just being forced. Chapel now at this school, is very boring and doesn't have good speakers, that is why people complain about the chapels and how people fall asleep in them. I just personally do not agree with many things the school does.

My wife and I are both teachers that appreciate when a school is doing right by the students. GCA is a top-of-the-line school. The school is able to be as diverse as a public school but maintain high standards, operate using logic, while keeping Christ and academic standards very high. To teachers are very qualified, the principal and staff are fine people. There is no school without problems, but GCA handles its issues gracefully. Given the current climate in public schools and the lack of diversity in most private schools, GCA offers what very few schools can take credit for: A unashamed Christian experience with high academic standards and competitive sports teams, led by a caring and highly qualified staff.

Last modified Gahanna Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12