K-6|Private

Bad
Good

This is my daughters first year here after disappointing experiences at previous schools. She was behind in reading and need supplemental reading classes when she began here and now she is reading a whole grade level above the grade she is in! She is excelling in the rest of her subjects and the teachers are very caring. I, as a parent am so glad I found this school. My daughter loves it here and has made many friends.

Develops character: Agree

It is a Christian based school and is reflected in the themes it teaches the kids.

Shepherd Christian School is a truly amazing place. The class sizes are small. The teachers are top-notch. The communication from the teachers and principal are excellent. At the kindergarten level, there is Spanish class, technology class and music class. There is a tremendous focus on reading and overall academic achievement. The tuition includes a hot lunch and if you compare to other private schools, it is very affordable. Gahanna has an excellent public school system, but SCS is an incredible learning environment with Christian teaching.

SCS is a wonderful school that is loving, nurturing, and academically focused. My children have attended SCS along with their preshool for five years. They are confident students who love school, make excellent grades,and have healthy friendships. All the students are warm and helpful to one another. What makes this school so great is its small class sizes, its faith based education, the teachers who have taught there for years, and strong academics. SCS is a wonderful foundation for my children's academic career.

Wonderful school and wonderful staff. My kids have been there for several years and have received top notch education, we are not members of the Shepherd Church Of The Nazarene but treated equally. God centered and kids are involved in charities that help others. The school only gets better as they have added 6th grade, friendly teachers and staff and always some one to greet the children, regular newsletters to keep us parents informed. Test scores are high and I will be sad when my children can no longer attend there.....

My son attended this school for kindergarten for all of 3 months. The teacher tried and worked with us to try to get him prepared for school. However, the prinicpal pretty much gave up on him. Suggestions were made that he had behavioral issues and we should seek outside help. We took him to a councilor - no major problems were identified. We enrolled him in a Montessori school and he is thriving. It seems our son was bored with what was being taught, and the school did not make the effort to work with him. I never felt welcome bringing him in the building with the principal wstanding in the hall giving you the stink eye because you had the bad kid.

This school combines solid experienced teaching with a loving caring moral atmosphere. I switched my son from NAPL after Kindergarten and although he was a bit behind he caught up quickly and he has blossomed. He loves Shepherd Christian and so do I. I highly highly recommend it.

This school has great activities but I think the staff can be a lot more friendlier. I think if you have the term Christian in your name, you should reflect that with more friendliness and understanding , particularly the Principal they have now.

The teachers are excellent and care deeply about the students. The current administration may express their passion differently, but from direct experience with the principal and the assistant principal I do know that they also care deeply and are working hard to make a great School even better. The School will soon be sending home a Family Survey to gather ideas from parents.

This school has changed under the new principal and assistant principal. They are very distant and lack the passion of the past administrator and assistant administrator. The staff loves the children.

Last modified Shepherd Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-6