Posted February 05, 2014
Shepherd Christian School is a truly amazing place. The class sizes are small. The teachers are top-notch. The communication from the teachers and principal are excellent. At the kindergarten level, there is Spanish class, technology class and music class. There is a tremendous focus on reading and overall academic achievement. The tuition includes a hot lunch and if you compare to other private schools, it is very affordable. Gahanna has an excellent public school system, but SCS is an incredible learning environment with Christian teaching.

Posted August 30, 2013
SCS is a wonderful school that is loving, nurturing, and academically focused. My children have attended SCS along with their preshool for five years. They are confident students who love school, make excellent grades,and have healthy friendships. All the students are warm and helpful to one another. What makes this school so great is its small class sizes, its faith based education, the teachers who have taught there for years, and strong academics. SCS is a wonderful foundation for my children's academic career.

Posted January 10, 2013
Wonderful school and wonderful staff. My kids have been there for several years and have received top notch education, we are not members of the Shepherd Church Of The Nazarene but treated equally. God centered and kids are involved in charities that help others. The school only gets better as they have added 6th grade, friendly teachers and staff and always some one to greet the children, regular newsletters to keep us parents informed. Test scores are high and I will be sad when my children can no longer attend there.....

Shepherd Christian School 2

Posted July 28, 2011
My son attended this school for kindergarten for all of 3 months. The teacher tried and worked with us to try to get him prepared for school. However, the prinicpal pretty much gave up on him. Suggestions were made that he had behavioral issues and we should seek outside help. We took him to a councilor - no major problems were identified. We enrolled him in a Montessori school and he is thriving. It seems our son was bored with what was being taught, and the school did not make the effort to work with him. I never felt welcome bringing him in the building with the principal wstanding in the hall giving you the stink eye because you had the bad kid.

Posted November 30, 2008
This school combines solid experienced teaching with a loving caring moral atmosphere. I switched my son from NAPL after Kindergarten and although he was a bit behind he caught up quickly and he has blossomed. He loves Shepherd Christian and so do I. I highly highly recommend it.

Shepherd Christian School 0

Posted October 31, 2008
This school has great activities but I think the staff can be a lot more friendlier. I think if you have the term Christian in your name, you should reflect that with more friendliness and understanding , particularly the Principal they have now.

Posted September 26, 2008
The teachers are excellent and care deeply about the students. The current administration may express their passion differently, but from direct experience with the principal and the assistant principal I do know that they also care deeply and are working hard to make a great School even better. The School will soon be sending home a Family Survey to gather ideas from parents.

Shepherd Christian School 0

Posted September 06, 2008
This school has changed under the new principal and assistant principal. They are very distant and lack the passion of the past administrator and assistant administrator. The staff loves the children.

Posted April 23, 2008
Even though we are members of a church other than Shepherd, our children collectively have attended Shepherd and the affiliated preschool for seven years now. It is a wonderful school (from full-day kindergarten through fifth grade) that is only going to keep getting better. The teachers are top-notch and caring and the academic program is second to none.

Posted January 22, 2008
I totally disagree with the previos review. My children have attended Shepherd Christain School for 5 years. They love it and I do too. They soar above and beyond in academics. They are treated with respect. The tachers there are wonderful and caring. I am not as happy with the administration since it has changed over; however, it is worth the money.

Shepherd Christian School
425 South Hamilton Road, Gahanna, OH  43230
Last modified Shepherd Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Shepherd Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.