Posted August 27, 2013
I have been very impressed with both the teaching staff and the support staff. I heard this school was in a league of it's own, but after having experienced Walnut Creek, I see why people take the time to share how wonderful it really is. I have experienced more sincerely caring staff and teachers in a few weeks here than we experienced in a whole year at St. Paul. I believe what my daughter "lost" in the time at St. Paul will be gained back very quickly at Walnut Creek. I have been VERY IMPRESSED and it appears to be the typical sentiment of every parent I have spoken with who has a child at Walnut Creek.

Posted July 21, 2013
An amazing school community. Like most schools there are some teachers that are less dynamic than others. However, unlike most schools, a 'weaker' teacher at WCE is definitely the exception not the rule. The staff is exceptional, the parental involvement is over-the-top, and the community makes for a wonderful learning environment. We've spent 6 years at WCE and have never seen its equal.

Walnut Creek Elementary School 3

Posted January 28, 2011
Academically, I am not at all impressed with Walnut Creek Elementary. I have a child excelling in 1st grade and have spoken with the teacher on more than one occasion regarding enrichment, which has proved nothing but empty promises so far this year. I wish the students would be tested and placed in leveled reading and math groups with other students in their own grade by switching classes for math and reading to get the actual attention that they need for a full 40 minute period with other students on the same level. I believe this will also work the other way and be beneficial for those struggling in certain areas so that the teacher can spend more time focusing on weak areas. Currently the teacher is trying to manage 5 different reading levels in one class. This is just not productive. As far as parent involvement goes, it could not be a more supportive environment. The principal is great and I feel that my child is very safe at WCE.

Posted September 15, 2009
Daughter just started here (1st grade), and loves it! The open house, the curriculum night, and all aspects of interaction have been positive, professional, and exceeding expectations. Engagement from the principal is high, and the teachers have high level of cameraderie. Awesome for students!

Posted August 18, 2008

Walnut Creek Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2008
I am distinctly disappointed with the quality of teaching that my son is receiving this year. However, we had a wonderful teacher last year. The principal is supportive and trying to help and the other staff is good. The parent involvement is phenomenal and the safety is very substantial.

Posted January 26, 2008
Walnut Creek is one of the nicest elementary schools I've seen compared to many in different parts of the country. It is immaculately clean, teachers are enthusiastic, great supervision. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Walnut Creek Elementary School 2

Posted November 06, 2007

Posted March 17, 2006

Walnut Creek Elementary School
5600 Grand Oak Blvd, Galena, OH  43021
Last modified Walnut Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.