Bad
Good

my son be going to this school for 5 months already and he has learned so much since then...im very happy with this school

My children have attended this school for the past two years, and I have to admit that I have been pleasantly surprised. Knowing the difficulties the teachers face everyday with the mix of cultures, students learning English as a second language, and a lot of parents that are not involved, I had not expected a lot. Rather than using these things as an excuse or letting it get them down, they seem to embrace it. The teachers that we have dealt with so far are wonderful. I don't know what Mrs. Braughton does, but she has my child wanting to go to school 7 days a week. They love gym, music, and art. Last year the art teacher went out of her way to make my daughter feel encouraged and excel at her projects. They don't overdo it on homework, however, I always feel informed.

I think Darby Woods is an excellent school. My son has attended this school since kindergarten. The teachers seem to be very caring. My son can read on his own now, thanks to the one on one reading. I am always very informed of whats going on. When I walk in the school, its very clean and secure. I enjoy seeing the students artwork on the wall. I look forward to sending my other children to this school.

I think Darby Woods is a great school. My child looks forward to going to school everyday. The Music, Art and PE teacher do a lot of extras for the students in this school.

We have had nothing but positive experiences and interactions at Darby Woods! My son's teachers and aides are thoughtful, caring and, above all, great communicators. With a website, class newsletter and regular e-mails/notes, I always feel informed.

The art teacher is a very strong teacher at Darby Woods, and always gets kids involved in great activities. WOW!

I like this school but, there is always room to improve, problem students don't seem to be dealt with properly. School is very clean. Music program is wonderful, art is excellent too, all the kids just love the gym teacher. Not enough parents seem to want to get involved.

I am not sure how the level of parental involvement has been the past 2 years, because we have had to concentrate on how to avoid the bullies, because despite repeated meetings, nothing has been done. The lunch/recess program is very disorganized and there are no after-school activities. The Art, Music, and Gym teacher seem nice, but these are considered 'Special Classes'. The teachers and principal seem to care, but things I have mentioned do need revisited.

Last modified Darby Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.