Posted December 31, 2013
My younger son was enrolled in Cypress in 1st grade and has some learning issues. The school has been doing a program called reading recovery with him. He went from not knowing all of his letters at the beginning of his 1st grade year to reading 1 or 2 level books by Christmas. He also had some problems with some of the other boys, and the principal took care of it right away. We've had no problems since. We considered placing our older son there 3 years before, but chose to continue homeschooling him. The current principal has only been there for two years, but I think he has completely changed the atmosphere of the school from my perception of the school 3 years ago. He is working very hard to get the school up to date with technology, and he really cares about the students. We get an email at the beginning of every week from the teacher giving us the basic lesson plans for the week which I really like. I'm very happy with this school.

Posted November 15, 2013
My daughter LOVES Cypress. Grade 3 and doing great. Thank you for all you do!

Posted September 23, 2013
The chapel experience sold me on this school. Now that we are there, my child learns about Jesus throughout the day, not just in Bible class. The teacher really cares about their students and you can see they want to help them grow. My biggest job as a parent is to prepare them for the world but not to lose our values. Cypress doesn't shelter them but instead teaches them how to handle it the way the Bible would say. The academics are challenging and they still get art, music, band, PE, library, computers, etc. We are very pleased.

Cypress Christian School 1

Posted August 28, 2013
Even though this school is attached to the church, the behavior of the administration is possibly the least professional and "Christian" I've ever witnessed. This type of behavior is typically reflected in the long term performance of the school. There is a revolving door of Secretaries/Administrators. Do your due diligence before choosing this particular institution.

Posted May 31, 2012
As a parent who has had children attend Cypress from Kindergarten through Eighth Grade, I am well satisfied with the academic and student atmosphere that Cypress has offered. My children have taken advanced placement classes in high school and are in the top 30 students in their classes. I also know of many recent alumni who are doing exceedingly well in high school and beyond. Cypress has continually monitored their academics and adjusted accordingly in giving their students the best education possible. Although there has been administrator turnover in the past, the current administration is determined to make Cypress Christian a place where children can reach their learning peak. As I noted earlier, Cypress has improved their academic standards, but they are also improving their teaching standards. Part of improving Cypress involves, not only improving academics, but also improving the teaching of these academics. After careful evaluation, I was told that a couple of teaching positions would be changed to strengthen the teaching faculty. In a previous post it was noted that some staff were fired, this is not accurate. Some office staff did resign to pursue other things.

Posted February 17, 2012
Our daughter is currently in half-day Kindergarten at Cypress and she loves her teacher and classmates. We get e-mails almost daily with school updates and news. We can also log-on and see our child's progress online. I feel our daughter is getting better attention than she would in a public school, and I appreciate the Christian values. The various fund raisers can get a little annoying seeing as you're already paying a decent tuition but that's my only complaint.

Posted January 04, 2012
I have two children currently in the Cypress Preschool Program and I'm enrolling my oldest in their 2012/13 Kindergarten class. If you're looking for a school and staff that not only teaches about God but truly exhibits an active faith in Him - this is the right place. The Preschool teachers, the Director and all the folks I've been contacting for info on the school program are efficient and genuinely caring. The teachers my kids have had in the 2 years we've been involved with Cypress truly love my kids - and my kids love them. They feel and respond to the honest affection, they're being introduced to their Lord in a genuine setting and they're thriving intellectually. The teachers at Cypress are highly skilled, patient, encouraging and perceptive - they have proactively communicated with us when there have been issues and worked with us (their parents) with full, honest disclosure and concern for the children in their care. I have NO doubt that the staff in their daycare and school programs are every bit as qualified, talented and caring as those we've worked with so far. I can't really "rate" the additional areas as I have no practical experience yet - but I have faith in them.

Posted August 03, 2011
My children have attended CCS for the past 6 years and have had wonderful experiences each year. My kids have enjoyed all their teachers, class projects, field trips, etc. I have a child entering the middle school this year & I am fully confident in the 6 - 8 teaching staff. Teachers of all grade levels work well together to provide a solid Christian education. The school has such a feeling of Christian love. One of my favorite things is the dedicated staff there to open car doors and greet kids by name every morning - rain or shine. My kids love the friends they have made here. CCS is truly a blessing!

Posted April 07, 2011
I have a daughter in 6th and son in 3rd, both of which have attended Cypress since Kindergarten. I would not trade our experience here for anything. We have liked all of their teachers our children have had, and feel as though they have been stimulated academically and spiritually. My daughter started middle school this year as absolutely LOVES it. Yes, it may be small (44 students), but this allows for an extremely intimate atmosphere. All the whole middle school seems very close. The new middle teachers they've hired, along with the one that stayed from last year are youthful, very capable, and seems to really know how to connect with the students on a personal level. Since Cypress only goes up to 8th, we gave our daughter the choice to transition to public now or in 9th, and she made it abundantly clear that she wanted to stay until the end.

Cypress Christian School 2

Posted February 17, 2011
I have had children in this school for the past 5 years. After 4 different principals (the latest is scheduled to retire at the end of the month with no information on a potential replacement) and a 66% retention level of staff from last year. I have to say the atmosphere has changed. We intended on keeping our children there until 8th grade. We are now forced with the decision to pull our children from the school and place them in public next school year.The middle school is down to 44 students this year and I fear for it's future. In the past, all grade levels were for the most part equal in the amount of kids. Now, the majority of the kids are K and 1st. As time goes on, there are less and less kids each year as the grades progress. Very sad.

Cypress Christian School
377 Alton Darby Rd, Galloway, OH  93119
Last modified Cypress Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Cypress Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.