Posted October 12, 2008
This parent obviously has had some issues with this school (with four new teachers since 2005, I believe much has changed - can't relate to this parent's experience in the least).

Posted September 21, 2008
My son has done excellent in the Third and Fourth Grade at Assumption School. I felt a need to transfer him out of Saybrook Elementary after 3 years of my son having physical/mental stress-related problems. We have had NO such problems since the transfer 2 years ago. Just beginning the 5th grade, he has had only minor stress-induced issues...possibly due to homework, no biggie compared to what we went through at Saybrook! Unfortunately, Assumption has lost 3 fantastic teachers, we wish them all the best!

Posted April 30, 2008
My (kindergarten) son transfered here in the middle of the year and it was the BEST thing we could have done! The teachers here are great and the principal is wonderful! My son left public a school (in this area) not being able to read sentences and within one week he was bringing books home and reading them to us. The teachers at Assumption actually care about the kids instead of treating them like a number.

Posted August 29, 2007
The all day every day kindergarten gives the students a great basic knowledge that lacks in any of the public schools in this area. The dress code and discipline are fair and followed. The older grades may not be as far ahead of the public schools but a child that wants to learn is still ahead of public peers.

Posted July 05, 2007
This school is awesome! I just cannot say enough about this school. The sad part is the lack of parent involvement. My kindergartener (1st grader in the fall) had several students in her class that hardly completed homework due to lack of involvement on the parents' part. Notes went home everyday! I loved being informed.

Posted May 04, 2006
The best in the area- children who go there are on average 1 and a half years ahead of their peers in the school district

Posted May 01, 2005
The all-day, everyday kindergarten puts children miles ahead of others in the Geneva area. Our daughter can read at a 3rd to 4th grade level. Early in the year students were learning about trapezoids. Now they're estimating and measuring. Kindergarten students here get homework, which is an excellent way to make sure parents are involved in their son's and daughter's education at the earliest stage. I would highly recommend checking this school out; especially for students in the early grades.

Assumption School 2

Posted April 28, 2005

Assumption School 1

Posted March 10, 2005

Assumption School 1

Posted January 25, 2005
The discipline shows no consistancy, more personal than proper. The quality of homework is preschool yet plentiful. Of no use. The teachers fail their students in a massive way. Without their class books, the teachers are lost on any sort of general knowledge, with VERY little exception. It's an insult to private schools. Children should be far ahead of public schools. Not even close. The students lack of common word meaning is abhorent. The school is very refined at cashing checks. That's about the extent of their talent.

Assumption School
30 Lockwood Street, Geneva, OH  44041
Last modified Assumption School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Assumption School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.