Bad
Good

My son is in his second year of pre-k, he has a developmental delay. While i think he has come a long way the last two school years i do not think he is where he should be. I am disappointed the preschool only runs for 2 1/2 hrs a day. I think if he had been in school for a full day he would be caught up by now. His teacher is great this year, lets see what next year brings. If he has not caught up by the end of kindergarten he will be switching schools.

I was a bit saddened to see the last review. We were scared about sending our first born to all day K, in a school that was foreign to me. I had gone to Catholic schools grades 1-12 and wasn't sure about sending her to a public school. I must say that our expectations have been exceeded. My daughter's K teacher is really on top of things and is very sweet and caring. I get that same vibe from the aids in her classroom. I don't think that 23 kids is too large of a class size, but that's just my opinion. My daughter thrives on being there all day, she is already reading and even though she is a not a behavior issue, I don't feel like she gets lost in the shuffle. She has been rewarded many times for good behavior and has been using the accelerated reader program to continuously challenge her. Her teacher is good about parent communication. Some people may be rude here and there, but I don't think that is a fair representation of the school as a whole. The new outdoor classrooms they are creating is so wonderful and shows that they certainly are striving to remain being the excellent school they are! We love Marr Cook!

The school is ok.. even though it's rated Excellent that seems to be all that is important. I've felt very disconnected with this school. We actually moved to this area to specifically go to Marr/Cook, and now I have to admit it was a mistake. The class sizes are LARGE and yes my daughter is NOT a behavior issue, she is quiet and therefore lost in the shuffle. Seems the teachers are like robots and just teach, i've been disappointed with all of my daughters teachers, school councilor and front office staff. I think one of my biggest pet peeves is the attitude of the front office ladies, treating me and my daughter (and other children) VERY rudely. The school is efficient but it's not personable like you would think, considering it's rural. The classes are WAY to big, teachers are like robots, rude staff, terrible councilor. I will say I do really like the new principle, he interacts with the kids, ALWAYS has a smile on his face.

The education my children receive at this school is phenomenal. The caring of the teachers is above standard!

They are awesome there. Small class size one on one attention! Perfect!

Extremely caring staff. Both of my sons have attended Marr Cook during kindergarten, and the kindergaten staff has to be the most caring group I ever met. These teachers are excellent at what they do. I am very impressed with where this school is going.

I have been so happy with Marr Cook Elementary. The teachers and staff are amazing! They own a atmospheric level of parent involvement and so many ways to become more involved. They possess a great sports program and other extracurricular activities. They have a high quality academic program as well. I am so pleased with my daughters progress. She was a little behind at first and now she is ahead! I also love the fact that they have a wonderful art, music, and gym program.

Last modified Marr/Cook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2