Grove City Christian School 1

Posted May 10, 2013
GCCS is losing good teachers and administrators at an alarming rate! The school is being run by the church (Grove City of the Nazarene) and decisions are being made that are not necessarily in the best interest of the school. The high school has had 3 prinicipals resign in the last 5 years - clearly something is wrong with the administration of the school.

Grove City Christian School 2

Posted February 03, 2013
GCCS is no longer the cutting-edge academic institution it once was. The once small school has morphed into a school who has lowered its standards, lost faith in its teachers, and totally overlooked what makes a great principal (at least in the high school). The current high school principal is rarely seen in the halls, avoids parental meetings, fails to support his staff, doesn't know the students' names, and has no principal licensure. If you are considering enrolling your child in the elementary or middle school, speak to others whose children are in those particular schools. If your child is a high schooler, keep searching for a strong school...the GCCS high school is not it.

Posted May 05, 2010
We love GCCS because of our wonderful ever caring teachers and staff. They teach with such compassion not only academics, but they help our students develop the grace and spirit needed to be successful in our ever changing world. Our athletics department is second to none, creating great opportunties for our students to be recognized by some of the best colleges in the country. There is so much to learn in 12 short years, at GCCS you get it all!

Posted April 30, 2010
My children have attended this school since kindergarten. I think the school is going through growing pains and has misrepresented their curriculum opportunities. I am saddened and disappointed. I cannot recommend this school to others.

Posted April 04, 2010
My child has learned so much at this school. He enjoys weekly chapel and learns valuable lessons about living a Christian life. I know the teachers sacrifice salary to stay and teach at GCCS. I appreciate them!

Posted March 16, 2010
My child currently attends GCCS and it has been an experience!! The academic program seems to challenging and stimulating to my child. The Christian teachings have been wonderful and are taught as they apply to life - in the past, present, and future! The difficult part for my family has been accepting that just because one claims to be a Christian does not necessarily make it so - as we have experienced negative comments and treatment from some of the staff! It is important for my child to know that he/she has value - not to be judged by adults who profess to be Christians. Jesus himself said, 'Suffer not the little children...'

Posted August 27, 2009
It is AWESOME!!!! All of my friends go there and we get along well. It is a Christain school so you learn about God and Jesus everyday! It is a very good school.Excepet for the fact that we have to wear uniforms.

Posted March 10, 2009
As parents of 2, soon to be 3, children at GCCS we thoroughly love it! I could not imagine my kids going anywhere else. My children are in pre-k, k & 3rd grades. They adore their teachers, and even the principal! Now if that doesn't tell you something I don't know what will. Anyway, I have read the previous reviews and I respect everyone's opinion. However, life at GCCS is calm, forgiving, and nurturing. On the flip side, those in authority are respected not out of fear but because they have earned it. They are diligently growing their sports programs. Although I am not a fan of any sport I think it's great that the school is more academically focused rather than sports focused. After all, knowledge is what will get one through life. The church portion of the school just closed out their first UPWARD! program for the little ones.

Posted March 04, 2009
I have attended GCCS since kindergarden and i am currently a freshman. i was given the oppertunity to leave GCC and i immediatly said no. this is the best school ever. everyone is so close to each other; its almost like we are family. Our acedemics are strong and i feel challenged everyday to do better by the teachers. OUr athletics are also a strong respect; we have developing sports teams that are growing everyday and extraordinary coaches that make us strive to do our possible best. THe Fine Arts area is such a good part of our school; sadly there are few students that have the courage to sing in choir or radical obedience, play in band (whether it be marching, jazz, or concert), play handbells, or paint/sculpt,draw a masterpiece. There are very talented and inspirational students attending this fine school.Gccs is my home.

Grove City Christian School 1

Posted January 27, 2009
I flee that GCCS focusses to much on athletics and not enough on academics. There are better Christian school in Ohio that are more academic oriented.

Grove City Christian School
4750 Hoover Road, Grove City, OH  43123
Last modified Grove City Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Grove City Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.