Bad
Good

I went to Central for all 4 years of high school and graduated last year. I had a great time there and had so many teachers that I connected with-in fact it was hard for me to choose who I wanted to give me my diploma at graduation! I worked in the Guidance Office my junior year and I don't know where these claims that the teachers dont' care about their students is coming from. Everyone who worked there was dedicated to their job and their students. If you are motivated and ready to ask for help, they'll help you. It's a great school with some really great teahcers.

CCHS SUCKS!!!!!! teachers: dont care about us! dont want to help us one-on-one. I use to get good grades in middle school, but gesssh? the work is really hard! every teacher and most of the principles are strict, and hard hearted! and are all in a robot-like trance to just go by the book, move on brush you off... really terrible! theres always a cloud hanging over our school! cant wait till I graduate in 2013!!!!!

I have had 2 of my children attend CCHS. Graduated in 08, and 11'. Have been in the swcs from 1-12 grades) I felt no support from Admin or teachers during a difficult time. They looked the other way. I think a majority of the teachers are there for a pay check and do not care in the long term. The whole school district as a whole over spend for materialistic things. Then they don't "nickle and dime" you they $20 you to death. I have had 2 teachers encourage my child's "rights'on discipline issues and cross professional boundaries. I also have an issue with the 100% healthcare benefits they receive and take for granted. My child came to me after their first year of college and said that CCHS in NO WAY PREPARED them as they should be. (They were a A-B (CP/AP) student.The whole school needs reconstructed and find teachers that are more committed and care. Some people have been in place to long. Don't believe about the budget as there is a lot of fluff.

As a substitute teacher in the district, I can honestly say, I felt no support from the office administration or from staff teachers when faced with a classroom of out of control freshman and sophmore students. I do not get a sense of pride or teamwork from the faculty there, they seem very unsupportive of the students and of each other. I had to stand and face a freshman student while he verbally abused me to my face, while other teachers looked the other way, saying nothing. It's terribly sad to see a school where teachers are too weak, and don't care enough, to dicpline an unruly, disrespectful student. I realize this is a tough time for teachers right now, but what about your students? Now more than ever, shouldn't you pull together and focus on them rather than yourselves?

Even though the changes as of late are questionable i still love this school and its great to see the student body pull together in this sad time

This school is awesome! There are activities for everyone. The teachers are very helpful and are always open to give help. CCHS is awesome!!!

I love this school. The teachers are great and the selection of activities are great. I'm excited to spend the rest of my high school years at CCHS. GO COMETS!

I am a student and have attended three high schools, all in different regions of the country. Central is by far the most impressive. Most of the teachers are hands on with the students and are willing to help them in any way possible. They become more than teachers, they become mentors and heroes. Their sports department is lacking a little, but its a new school. The althletes learn so much about teamwork and discipline. However, the arts program is phenominal. Theatre especially. I have never seen a high school production as profession and amazing. You can't find anything like it!

this school is ok but not the best the freshmen football team is really good and the varisity is just really bad they havent won a game yet.the teachers help you a bit with your wrok but not all of them do.i am attending cchs for my first time and im am not impressed.

I have had a child in CCHS since the school opened its doors in August 2002. You could NOT ask for a better school. My oldest graduated in 2006 and was involved in the band and ROTC programs and my youngest started in August of 06 and has been involved with the band and theater. You could NOT ask for a better arts program anywhere! The teachers and principals care deeply for the kids and the school is suffering a great loss this year with Mr. Palmer's retirement. In 6 years, there has only been 1 teacher we've had trouble with and both my children had her. With that one exception, you couldn't ask for a better school!

Last modified Central Crossing High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.