Bad
Good

Mrs Bray has been the Principal for two years now. Don't send your kids to Groveport Madison Distict unless they are right in the middle. My two kids are complete opposites. My oldest tested in the second and third grade as gifted. Groveport Madison refused to give gifted classes till the 6th grade. My youngest is ADHD. The IEP process was a complete nightmare teachers refused to attend the meetings. The last year they had a former gym teacher be an intervention specialist. He quit mid year because he got no help from the rest of the staff/district and then it was a parade of substitutes. At the end of the year we found out accidentally when our child started to figet the teacher would send our child to the computer and have them put on headphones so the rest of the class was not disturbed. My youngest was labeled as a behavioral child and was sent home regularly. That child felt as they were not wanted and reacted as anyone would. We sold our house and got out. The lasting effects from Groveport Madison on our children are the oldest child is still testing average and the youngest is so far behind they are struggling to cope.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There were few bright stars like Mrs Downing, Mrs. Garn and Mrs. McGonigal but those were the only ones we found or heard that were effective.

The teachers are really invested in the kids. The communication is good from the teachers and the Principal. I always feel welcome and my kids love it!

Both of my children attended this school for 1-2 years. The oldest child enjoyed very competent professional teachers BUT the kindergartner's first year of school was nightmarish due to the teacher flying off the handle at students on a nearly daily basis. Mr. Boggs is very nice but he excused the teacher's unreasonable behaviour based upon some accident she had experienced the year prior. If she's that traumatized by life and cannot act properly, she should be on medical or psychiatric leave.

My kids have gone to this school and I love it! Had one her for K-5, one K-4, and one K-1 so far. Great teachers. And after several years of hunting for a great principal since Mr. Scott left have finally found one. Mr. Boggs is absolutely wonderful. I hope he sticks around for a long time!

Mrs.Downing and her Aides are so amazing. They are so caring and wonderful with my son.

Last modified Groveport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.