Posted April 28, 2014
The teachers are amazing I have a 2 kids one in kindergarten and another in 2nd grade. This is our first year here and it is our last!!!! The kids that go to school here are awful my kindergartner had some kid tell her he was going to kill her!!! The staff took care of it I guess because the kid doesn't bother her anymore. My 2nd grader has had many issues with kids saying mean things to him and saying they were going to beat him up. Both of my kids complain about how awful the kids are how they are always screaming and that they don't listen to the teachers at all. I will be going back to homeschooling my kids then I will know they are safe.

Posted August 06, 2013
My two sons attented this school since Kindergarden. 5 yeras ago , this school was great. It was new the teachers were so caring for the sudents etc. Every year that went by, things were changing drastically you seen teachers quitting left and right. This year My son was bullied and now I am dealing taking him to therapist counselor. Not to mention he had really good grades from A and B on his first and second report cards, he started getting F on his second semester. This is 5th grade BTW. I complaint left and right we are very involve with our kids school. All I got was the ball thrown at me back. Until I complaint to Imagine head quarter.Even though he did pass grade this experience as a Parent was awful. He will be atteding another school this year.

Posted April 13, 2013
Do not send your child here! Trust me, your child's value is the money they get for him/her. Ask the school why at least 50% of the staff has left in the past year. Everyone is so fearful of angering parents because they don't want the money leaving the school, that kids and parents literally do whatever they want. This school caters to the problem parents and kids and the really great ones get ignored. They don't even give out honor roll awards.

Posted March 31, 2013
My son went to Groveport Community School grade 6 through grade 8. Grade six was good. Seven was going downhill. Eight was a nightmare. The school is now full of thugs and bullies. There is a huge turnover in the staff and they have no regard for academics. There is no incentive to do well and get decent grades. My son got straight A's in every term and at the end of the year the only rewards were for music and phys ed. We couldn't wait for it to be over! The lower grades may be fine, but they have big problems in the middle school.

Posted June 26, 2012
If I were solely rating the teachers I would have given 5 stars! The teachers here care deeply for their students and have their best interests at heart. I have had 4 children attend this school. My son attended 7th grade in the preparatory building, after having a horrible experience w/bullying at a Cols School. The following year I put him in private school. To this day he says Groveport Community was his favorite. My 3 daughters attended in the elementary building. The plans of study, grading systems, expectations of parents & students, communication etc was always readily available & very clear. Im not sure why people would complain unless their child was disruptive & faced discipline, or maybe they are the type of parents who don't want any responsibility in their child's learning and expect the school to do it all. I also noticed a post below complaining of "miss spelling" words, and they misspelled the word! I have driven my children to/from school there & did not deal w/bussing. We are switching to CW this year, solely due to transportation issues & family changes. There were many shed tears but we will definitely keep in touch w/the staff & students we grew to love!

Groveport Community School 5

Posted June 05, 2012
I am so happy that my child attends Groveport Community School!!! The staff here are really involved and care about the students.

Posted March 14, 2012
Okay, this school was horrible. Mr. Swanson was great, and I had wonderful 3rd and 4th grade experiences, and then when the middle school section opened, it turned out horribly, I got out of there as fast as I could, classes made no sense, and teachers were mean and had no control over their classes. I don't remember a SINGLE thing of what I was taught in 5th grade there, though I remember most of the 3rd and 4th grade years....Mr. Neilson, that was not a fun experience...

Groveport Community School 3

Posted September 20, 2011
My son is in second grade now and I have not had any issues with this school. The teachers have always been more than willing to communicate with me about any concerns and the administrative staff have helped when I have needed them. The only complaint I have is in response to below, the busing is ridiculous. My sitter will sit at the bus stop for an hour waiting on my son to show, and the bus driver themselves have always tried to force me to sign a form allowing them to just leave him at the stop unattended. I've never signed it and I never will, this is a dangerous world we live in and I love my son too much. I do really like Imagine schools, however we will have to switch by next year because of the bus situation and my daughter starting kindergarten. First Student Bus Services is a JOKE and I wish someone could report them to the BBB.

Posted September 19, 2011
Today The bus driver had my five year of get off of the bus in the rain, blocks from his designated bus stop without his parent present!! When I asked fearfully "Where is my son?!" He said, " Back there somewhere I guess." How is this that a trained bus driver would let a kindergartener off of the bus in rain at a stop that is not his and far from his house with no parent or gaurdian present and still be allowed to keep his job? The danger of my child getting hurt, kidnapped, lost etc is so scary. All he could say ( not admitting any fault or offering an apology as I stood there teary eyed) was "He should have known that wasn't his stop and not gotten off." Seriously?! So it's not the drivers responsibilty to let the child off at the assigned stop and place them in the hands of the parent? Unacceptable. What is happening? Why is this sort of behavior allowed to take place? If you are going to allow your children to go to this school make sure you are able to drop them off and pick them up yourself or you may not see your child again.

Posted September 19, 2011
One of the rules for leaving a review state " Names! Do not target specific individuals or identify teachers, students, or staff. This is for safety and privacy reasons." I imagine this rule only applies for negative comments so I'm going to be daring and give a few names anyway since what I have to say is all possitive! My son's Kindergarten Teacher Mrs. Rodgers and the Assistant at the front desk Mrs. White are just two of some of the wonderful staff at the school. They have been so informative, helpful and pleasant and I am so happy that they will be part of my baby's first memories of school. No matter the situation they have been faced with concerning me and my son they have handled it with care and professionalism. They both have motivated me to look into getting a degree in Early Childhood Development so I may work with children and their parents and hopefully have the same affect on others as they have had on me and my son!

Groveport Community School
4485 South Hamilton Rd, Groveport, OH  43125
Last modified Groveport Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Groveport Community School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews.