No rating

Immanuel Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 80 students

Living in Hamilton

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $89,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Sweep tile

Posted April 7, 2013

I attended Immanuel for a couple years and I was so happy with my success. I left 6th grade at public schools with C's and D's and by the end of 2nd quarter of my 7th grade year, I had straight A's. The teachers love to help you if you have any problems with anything at all. I graduated 8th grade and when i got to high school, I was ahead of the students in my class my freshman year because of what all Immanuel had taught me. I was so happy there and I would recommend this school to ANYONE.

Posted March 28, 2013

Immanuel Lutheran is a wonderful school! I attended this school from Pre-K through 5th grade, and then easily transferred to my local public school district in 6th grade. I, along with four other students that came from Immanuel, did very well in Middle School after being at Immanuel. We all attended the multiple "straight-A breakfast" as well as honor roll celebrations. In 5th grade, we learned 6th grade science material since our classes were combined for certain subjects, so I was a great deal ahead in my 6th grade science class. Throughout middle and high school, I did very well and I credit that to Immanuel. Immanuel built a great educational foundation for me and taught me how to succeed in school. To this day, I still succeed in school. I'm currently a junior in college, and I don't know where I would be today without the education I received from Immanuel in elementary school. Immanuel is a great school that teaches children how to succeed, while simultaneously teaching them God's word. The staff is very loving and they build relationships with students. I have every intention of sending my future children there, and would recommend this school to ANY parent!!

Posted March 25, 2013

Children who do well at Immanuel have done well wherever they have gone. Children who have struggled at Immanuel sometimes do very well in public school, but sometimes struggle there as well.

Posted March 25, 2013

Immanuel Lutheran is one of the BEST schools any child could attend. I started at Immanuel in kindergarten and was there until third grade when I transfered to public school. While in public school I was far ahead of the cirruculum, because of Immanuel. After six weeks in public school I transfered back to Immanuel to get a stronger education than public school offered. Throughout my time at Immanuel, I got a faith filled and academically challenging education. The friendly teachers and staff memebers were willing to help me with any problems I had, whether they were academic or personal. Because of this loving community and individual attention I graduated top of my class at Immanuel. Immanuel also prepared me for what was coming in my life, mainly high school. I am going to be graduating in two months as the salutatorian of my class. Becasue of my strong academic background at Immanuel, I have been able to have good grades and a good work ethic that has allowed me to be offered over a quarter of a millioin dollars in scholarships from multiple colleges. I strongly urge anyone to send their children to Immanuel for a GREAT education in a loving and faith filled environment.

Posted March 25, 2013

Immanuel has been a second home to me since preschool. The teachers and staff really care about students personally and academically. The secretary gave me a hug every morning after I got off the bus. I even became good friends with the hot lunch lady. When I was in fourth grade, the teachers were able to accommodate my needs move me up a grade in math and language. Later on, when I was in eighth grade, the teacher individually taught me geometry. My parents and I were touched by all the planning and extra work Immanuel's teachers put in to better my education. When I transitioned to Hamilton High School, I was confident in my faith and in myself. Immanuel provided me with a excellent foundation that made me strong in my character and values. I am now a Junior and I still hold on to the faith based foundation Immanuel taught me. Sending your child to Immanuel will be the easiest and best decision you can make for your child.

Posted January 28, 2013

Please stay clear of this school! They claim to have high academic standards, but their curriculum has not kept up with the standards of the public schools around them. If you put your child in this school and then ever have to move them to public school, they will be behind the rest of the kids. They will be SO far behind that you will wonder what Immanuel Lutheran WAS teaching them (if anything). It has been my experience that the public school just down the street is much better. Plus, the public school is free! Please do not send your kids here. All of the 5 star ratings left for this school are from people who have not yet found out how little their children are taught here compared to elsewhere. Your children WILL have academic problems if they move from this school to another.

Posted October 5, 2012

My son has gone to Immanuel since he was in pre K and is now in First grade. He loves the school, and all the people. He used to be a very nervous, timid child, until he started going to Immanuel. Hes getting an awesome education, and getting to learn about the lord, which is another reason I continue to send him to this school. Other schools don't teach children about God, and I think that's very important in a child's life. I also just love this school. The teachers are wonderful, and Mrs DeVault is an angel. I highly recommend this school.

Posted September 13, 2012

All four of my children attended or are now attending Immanuel Lutheran School. My two oldest both graduated high school in the top of their class and my younger children are doing well in classes preparing for the future. Immanuel is a warm, nurturing, fun school where the children are relaxed and able to enjoy school. They are taught well in academic subjects as well as being taught about the love of Jesus.

Posted September 13, 2012

I have two children that attend Immanuel Lutheran School. While at Immanuel they are treated with respect and love, and are given a quaility education that will prepare them well for their future. The classes are small and each child is able to receive the extra attention they may need. However, if a child is advanced, they are challenged and given the opportunity to excell further. I rest easy knowing my children are in such loving, capable hands.

Posted September 13, 2012

I am entering my 5th year as a staff member at Immanuel Lutheran School. I can honestly say that I LOVE my job! The Teachers, Principal and other staff members are kind, loving, Christian individuals and I believe that each of them love their job as well. It is obvious that each teacher truly enjoys teaching not only the required academics but also about the Joy of Jesus. If you are looking for an environment that will teach your child manners, upstanding morals, cater to their academic needs, and will embrace your family as their own, this is the school for you.

Posted June 6, 2012

My child has gone to Immanuel Lutheran School in Hamilton for two years. However, she will not be attending next year. Many members of the faculty are unwilling to put forth any extra effort to ensure the success of their students. They advertise small class sizes. Yet, I was told that they do not want to give the students extra help because they may become accustomed to it, and not every teacher at the school will be able to provide extra attention. My child was in need of special services due to a disability and was not granted those services until half way through the third quarter. I asked for conferences on multiple occasions and was told that the faculty saw no need to meet with me. I could never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 26, 2011

I have 3 children currently enrolled at Immanuel. They have attended Immanuel since January of 2011 and all I know to say is that I wish we had made the transition sooner. At Immanuel, we finally feel that the goals we have for our children and the morals we wish to instill mirror that of the teachers and staff. They truly have the children's best interest at heart. The small class sizes allow the teachers to actually teach, not simply make it through the day. The teachers and staff at Immanuel are helping my children to not only become better students, but better PEOPLE as well.

Posted August 29, 2010

Both of my daughters attend Immanuel Lutheran. I absolutley love this school. They have grown so much in the past two years they have attended. They are independent thinkers, polite, well mannered and are much better children thanks to the philosphy that is taught at this school. Kudos to the teachers that make this school what it is!

Posted July 23, 2010

Immanuel is a wonderful school! The teachers are dedicated and very caring. The small class size ensures that my kids will get the attention that they need and deserve. The test scores speak for themselves. We are very fortunate to be able to send our kids to Immanuel.

Posted July 21, 2010

I am the secretary and Admissions Counselor at Immanuel Lutheran and I love it there. It is much more than a school or place of business. People treat you like you are family, that you matter and you are more than just a number. What a great place for kids!

Posted February 12, 2010

I really love this school. My boys have been going there for six years. The teachers are great. The kids really learn. They haven't forgotten how to teach respect and discipline. Everyone cares about each other. Love it. Love it.

Posted April 1, 2009

Wow! What a school! We were impressed with the amount learned and the price is very competitive.

Posted May 29, 2008

I love immanuel lutheran my kids go there and the teachers and atmosphere is great!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Michael A. Mayo
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (513) 863-2502

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1285 Main St