Hilliard Crossing Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
They teach core values that relate to a responsible child.

Posted May 18, 2009
Crossing is a great school! I've had one child through the school so far and another one now just in 1st grade. Crossing is wonderfully staffed! The only problem with Hilliard in general is that they all use Everyday math - a horrid program. Other than that, You'd have to be nuts to pick a charter school over Hilliard City schools. I'm from Dublin and Hilliard is right there in comparison! Super Schools and Nice people all around.

Posted July 08, 2008

Posted November 02, 2007
I have two children attending Hilliard Crossing. I am very pleased with the school. From the principal to the students, everyone is treated like family. Crossing is a safe and comfortable environment which is key to successful learning. Their teachers are not only highly qualified, but they interact well with the kids. My kids absolutely love their teachers and are excited about school! They were able to determine very quickly that my oldest son needed to be evaluated for gifted services and placed him accordingly. I cannot say enough great things about this school.

Posted May 15, 2007
Hilliard Crossing is a Wonderful School! We have had 5 wonderful years there and I'll have another who will just be starting there. From what I know about all of the teachers and programs, they try hard. My child has grown into a wonderful student. I look forward to having another child go through Crossing. Check out our testing scores, I bet you'll find Crossing to be in at least the top 10! Crossing Cares!

Hilliard Crossing Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2007
Great teachers and activities

Hilliard Crossing Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2006
I felt the same about the school not helping children that learn at different rates. I ended up putting my child in a charter school on the westside last year and I finally saw the change. He was 'limited' according to state testing when he left hilliard and this year he received 'proficient.' so far i have been very impressed.

Hilliard Crossing Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2006
It is now August 2006. I agree with the poster before me. It does little to accommodate children who learn differently, it seems not much has changed. Not many options other than holding my child back were brought to my attention. The principal and teachers told me not to worry, and that is not like it was when we were children. I was told that children being held back was not uncommon today. In fact, that it happens all the time. That some kids think it's 'cool' to be older than everyone else. My child does have some learning difficulties, but the fact that the teachers seemed so nonchalant, 'oh it's cool', 'oh it happens all the time', did not comfort me. If it is as common as they say, is it the children failing the system, or the system failing the children?

Hilliard Crossing Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2004
This school district ptior to 2001 did not offer much in the way of helping children that learn differently (Nationally 40%) by offering different learning programs. The one size fits all does not work I hear they are making some strides to change this over time. I wonder how long it will take.

Hilliard Crossing Elementary School
3340 Hilliard Rome Rd, Hilliard, OH  43026
Last modified Hilliard Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilliard Crossing Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.