Posted March 30, 2014
I've been very happy with Avery. The teachers are knowledgable and will differentiate for the child's needs (a difficult thing to do with such a range of abilities in the early grades). When my child bumped his head on the playground (a scratch), they still called me to let me know that he bumped his head but might have a bruise - very attentive to details. My son also participated in the before and after care (SACC), and he loved it. They have great crafts, games, snacks, and homework time if your child needs it. My son WANTS to go to school, and is sad on snow days or sick days when he doesn't get to attend.

Avery Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2013
We just got a new principal this year and she is very enthusiastic and into new technologies. We love our K, 1, 4, and 5 grade teams but wish some things would change with our 2 and 3 grade teams. I would like to see more parental involvement in the classrooms and better communication in the grades 1 through 3. I love our community and how much most of the teachers and staff love our children and do everything they can to support them.

Avery Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2013
2013: Our school has had many changes in recent years. Our new principal, Tara Grove, is amazing. She communicates effectively and quickly with parents to resolve issues as they come up. She is forward thinking and enjoys technology. We expect to see a lot of positive changes in the coming years. Our second grade team leaves a lot to be desired but our kindergarten, first grade, fourth grade, and fifth grade teams are simply wonderful. Most of the staff truly care about our children and they demonstrate that in everything they do. Our gym teacher is a lot of fun and we have a new art teacher as well. Check out Averygators on twitter to see what this school is up to. Our family feels very content to be a part of this community.

Posted June 08, 2010
I LOVE Avery Elementary school and just can't say enough good things about it! My son had an amazing teacher this year, and truly thrived as a student (he is reading a whole grade level above!). The rest of the staff (including the principal) are incredibly personable and professional. You really do have the feeling that you are a part of the "Avery Family". It is one of the older buildings in the district, but my son doesn't really know any different (never any complaints about air conditioning, etc.) I highly recommend this school!!

Posted August 22, 2006
Although we left Avery for another school, the newly appointed principal should be a great addition to the wonderful staff. Having spoken with her on two occasions when she worked in the district office, she is responsive and professional, something that the former administrator needed to work on. Now that the leadership has changed (the former principal is gone from the building), the school can only improve.

Avery Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2006
Adminstrator is weak, but teachers and staff are very loving. Principal has announced, via a staff member's website, that he will be assigned to the new Hilliard, OH, Elementary school, so there may be hope for a revival of what was once a top-notch school during the former administrator's reign before the current one came.

Posted April 20, 2006
There is absolutely no enrichment offered whatsoever. If one program is added, another is deleted. This school could be very good if the current leadership would leave. Teachers there want their students to succeed. However, parents wonder if the principal supports the teachers. Also, the building itself is old and is not always comfortable. Air conditioning is sometimes broken. Toilets overflow into hallways. Principal is not often there to fix the problem on the day it happens. After having wonderful teachers, we left the school because of the current administrator. We know of others from Avery who have done the same. However, the teachers try very hard and were always great.

Posted March 23, 2006
My daughter has attended Avery elemantary for the past two years. She has made great improvements. We moved here from a small town in southeastern Oh last year. In no time she was reading above grade level. The teachers are great and she loves to go to school.

Posted July 16, 2005
Avery is an awesome neighborhood school. With the new PTO leadership, I expect it to become even greater. However, if we had a good principal, we could improve even more. The current principal is frequently gone from the building and does not show strong leadership. Many of the after school activities have been canceled (for example, Kindergarten Picnic). The reading intervention needs to start at the beginning of the school year instead of in November. And it should extend through the end of the year instead of ending in May. Avery has a lot of potential. With the right leadership, it could be the best elementary in the district, if not the state.

Avery Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2005

Avery Elementary School
4388 Avery Rd, Hilliard, OH  43026
Last modified Avery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avery Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.