Bad
Good

I've been very happy with Avery. The teachers are knowledgable and will differentiate for the child's needs (a difficult thing to do with such a range of abilities in the early grades). When my child bumped his head on the playground (a scratch), they still called me to let me know that he bumped his head but might have a bruise - very attentive to details. My son also participated in the before and after care (SACC), and he loved it. They have great crafts, games, snacks, and homework time if your child needs it. My son WANTS to go to school, and is sad on snow days or sick days when he doesn't get to attend.

We just got a new principal this year and she is very enthusiastic and into new technologies. We love our K, 1, 4, and 5 grade teams but wish some things would change with our 2 and 3 grade teams. I would like to see more parental involvement in the classrooms and better communication in the grades 1 through 3. I love our community and how much most of the teachers and staff love our children and do everything they can to support them.

2013: Our school has had many changes in recent years. Our new principal, Tara Grove, is amazing. She communicates effectively and quickly with parents to resolve issues as they come up. She is forward thinking and enjoys technology. We expect to see a lot of positive changes in the coming years. Our second grade team leaves a lot to be desired but our kindergarten, first grade, fourth grade, and fifth grade teams are simply wonderful. Most of the staff truly care about our children and they demonstrate that in everything they do. Our gym teacher is a lot of fun and we have a new art teacher as well. Check out Averygators on twitter to see what this school is up to. Our family feels very content to be a part of this community.

I LOVE Avery Elementary school and just can't say enough good things about it! My son had an amazing teacher this year, and truly thrived as a student (he is reading a whole grade level above!). The rest of the staff (including the principal) are incredibly personable and professional. You really do have the feeling that you are a part of the "Avery Family". It is one of the older buildings in the district, but my son doesn't really know any different (never any complaints about air conditioning, etc.) I highly recommend this school!!

Last modified Avery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.