Hilliard Heritage Middle School 2

Posted May 24, 2009
I am a 7th grade student at Heritage and I am not a fan. I moved into the school district at the begining of the year and I was disappointed. At my old school, I was in an advanced math class. At Heritage however, they put me in a class that I had taken two years earlier and when I complained, they said that I would simply test out. I have gotten straight A's in math all year with out even the mention of testing out. It is now the end of the school year and I have to go through a long process so that I can get into the right class next year. All that I'm saying is that if they had just looked at my records and put me in the right class in the first place, none of this would have happened.

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted February 15, 2008
an amazing school with lots of activitys'

Posted May 07, 2006
- a former student
This school focuses on the optimum learning curve for all of its students. Each team of teachers responds directly to the individual learner.

Hilliard Heritage Middle School 3

Posted March 14, 2006
Heritage has an excellent music program. The sports program is good, too. Academics are typical for a middle school, but this school has an unfortunate emphasis on petty rules rather than real learning and understanding of adolescents. For example, it is easy to get good grades at Heritage if all work is completed and turned in on time. Some teachers are more graders than mentors. Little feedback is given on how to improve work and kids who comply, that is, DO the work, get the grade. They are not pushed to work with much quality, and late assignments are not accepted for credit of any kind, no matter how high the quality. This school also has a poor track record in addressing the concerns of parents and considering them as real partners in the education of their children. Conferences are hard to get, and during conferences, teachers talk rather than listen.

Posted April 10, 2005
I am a single mother raising two teenage daughters, one in High School and one in Middle School. We moved to Hilliard, in Sept 2004, from a small town in eastern Ohio. My daughter was very leary about moving to the big city. All of the staff at Heritage Middle School were very caring and interacted with her in such a way as to make her feel comfortable and wanted. They challenged her to do her best and encouraged her to attend school on a regular basis, which has been a challenge for me to do. She is now attending school on a regular basis, getting above average grades and making friends. If it had not been for the skilled and caring staff and teachers at HMS she would not have adjusted as she has. For this I am very thankful.

Posted November 12, 2004
I have moved into Ohio fleaing the New York city schools. My daughter is 14 years old and she has improved her grade level. I feel safe sending my duaghter to Hilliard Heritage school. She feels safe and comfortable there. It is a drastic change and a positive one if I may say so myself. She needs to catch up on alot of the work she missed in New York, but I believe she will achieve @ Hilliard. I work in the Columbus city school system and one year of experience here tells me that she will remain in the Hilliard school. It stands with a great reputation on descipline, structure and values. Thank you Hilliard Heritage for your support.

Posted March 27, 2004

Posted December 28, 2003
- a former student
A great school I made alot of friends I had two great teachers they helped me with everything I was in learning disability classes my teachers names was Mr. Mcconkey and Mr. Sabastion.

Hilliard Heritage Middle School
5670 Scioto Darby Rd, Hilliard, OH  43026
Last modified Hilliard Heritage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilliard Heritage Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.