Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Hinckley Elementary has wonderful fifth grade teachers. They really care about the students and spend the extra time making sure they understand the material.

We have children in the middle school and in the elementary school. The teachers care about students and the community is awesome. The schools do however need to get with the technology age. Reading is very valued, but they need to spend more time with the younger kids studying math facts especially multiplication to insure they have it for life. Thus far we have only come across one teacher that should be let go as she is full of excuses and does not adhere to the high standards of the school.

Not impressed. I'm not sure how they received an excellent rating with the lack of technology available to students and teachers. I haven't seen a smart board yet. They don't do morning broadcasting due to lack of equiptment. I guess we were spoiled coming from another district that truly earned an excellent rating.

I've only had problems with one teacher so far. All the others I find to be very helpful. I do believe they jump around a lot on subjects such as math and the children don't have the time needed to study math facts before they move on to another area. The principal I feel, has a prejudice against certain students, mine being one of them. My experience and personal opinion with her is if you disagree with her, she will try to bully you. There's supposed to be an anti-bullying policy there but she's the one who does it the most. The school is safe. One door in during school hours. I feel too much money is spent on the playgrounds and some other wasteful things while it should be spent fixing up the school on the inside.

In general I am pleased with the school district as a whole. I have children in the elementary and middle school. We specifically moved to the school district because of the reviews and district test scores. However, not every place is perfect. It's not how the world works. A few teachers need to retire because they just are moody and hold grudges. Other teachers are simply too young yet and at times dissapointing. The principal is okay, she can give the wrong impression at first but I think she generally cares about the school. The food service department needs to heat up the kids lunches better and keep the cold foods colder! Security is lacking. WIth a few minor adjustments, it's a great place. If there is any petty feelings towards staff, it's not shown. Seems professional. Kids are generally well behaved :) most of them...

Honestly, this is a terrific school and a great community to raise kids. The school district is as good as any top private school that is offered in the area. Where ever you go, some one will ruin something, overlook the small things and look at the big picture. I do not plan on relocating until all 5 of my children finish the high school. It's an excellent place to be.

What a great school. I'm so pleased to have my children there. I am looking forward to many years at Hinckley Elementary!

I have been disappointed with the school. Perhaps it is because of all of the hype the district receives. The current principal is, well, I don't know. If you say anything, or complain about something, or offer a suggestion she takes it personally and challenges you in a very demeaning manner and then puts you on her 'black list'. Then when you are in the school, walking in the halls, she won't even acknowledge you! I believe the teachers are great. But the 28-1 ratio is just not a good learning environment. We have not been disappointed with any teacher since our kindergarten experience (which ironically had the lowest student-teacher ratio since we have been here). They spend money on the playground, but have bathroom door with no locks! Just not what I expected!

Last modified Hinckley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.