Wright Brothers Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2010
Despite having a VERY high rate of disadvantage children (over 50% receive free lunch assistance) our principal, teachers, parents and volunteers have worked very hard to keep our school as one of the top two elementary schools (out of 7) in the city. The children love coming to school and work very hard. Menlo Park was named a "School of Promise" last yeaar, being one of only 35 schools in the State of Ohio to receive that distinction. As a tutor, I'm so proud to see our kids who were struggling with home and academic issues do well in school, even going so far as to make the honor role. It's because of everyones attitude at Menlo Park that I am serving my third year as a volunteer there.

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted March 09, 2008

Posted November 01, 2007
I could not ask for a better school for my children. I have one special needs child, and one in the gifted program and both have received exceptional educations. The staff and especially the principal truly care and nurture the children. We are in the process of moving, and I too will continue to drive my children across town to attend this wonderful school.

Posted September 04, 2007
I love Menlo Park as a parent. The teachers are very good with the kids! Unfornunately, my children have to attend another elementary school in Huber Heights because of where we live now and I am very upset that they are going to have to leave a school that has excellent teachers and it ultimately shows with their excellent school report card.

Posted March 24, 2007
I'm truly surprised that not all reviewers can appreciate what a wonderful and loving school this is! I have been welcomed so warmly by the teachers, staff, virtually everyone I have met in this school. Their test scores reflect their academic programs and as for extra-curricular activities, I'm unaware of any that are available at an elementary level (and certainly not when the budget is as tight as it seems to be here!) I know how much the teachers stretch to try reach all of their students. Any child who goes there will let you know, emphatically, how much they love their teachers and principal. It is his leadership that makes Menlo a really special school. I can honestly say, my child looks forward to school with enthusiasm because of Menlo Park!

Posted January 04, 2007
I love every aspect of this school. The teachers really care, and the tuff love discipline helps keep the students and parents alike in a forward moving manner.

Wright Brothers Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2006
I had one child move from Menlo Park to middle school this year. Unlike what other parents are saying in these reviews, I have had a different experience. The principal did not seem to care about my child. We had a terrible time trying to get more challenging work. The teachers and principal were not willing to raise the bar. There are no extracurricular activities. Art, music, and PE are offered in school. Moving in from another state, I have found this school to be substandard comparatively.

Posted June 07, 2006
love this school; my son just moved to middle school & daughter will begin kindergarten this year. very involved principal & staff. music program is great; lots of parent involvement/volunteers

Posted July 15, 2005
My family loves Menlo Park. The staff clearly loves children and has the desire to help them succeed, while the other staff members show genuine care for the students. It is a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere. My three children have had the most amazing teachers and they all learned so much this last year. I think so highly of Menlo Park that I drove my children across Huber Heights everyday so they could attend this school, even though there is an elementary at the end of our street. I think that the other elementaries in the area should look closely at Menlo Park as an example of how to become a wonderful school.

Wright Brothers Elementary School
5701 Rosebury Dr, Huber Heights, OH  45424
Last modified Wright Brothers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wright Brothers Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.