Wayne High School 3

Posted April 16, 2014
I'm a former student that graduated in 1966 , then Wayne High School was a fairly good school. I've read posts good and bad from parents and students alike. AS far as sports when I was there I lettered in track yet I wasn't considered to be jock material , sports is good because it brings out the best to the one involved in it. It's also good for school spirit. However should never be a driving force above what a school is intended for. To those parents that have issues with the school I suggest getting involved with the school . schools are run and maintained by the school board if you have issues that you feel aren't being met find out who the school board members are if they're not doing their job vote them out and find someone that will do job . you are entitled to know what and how your tax dollars are being spent. A yearly budget outlay flyer should be demanded should be made available to you. when one school bond expires a notice should be sent out saying it has expired and is taken off the books many times they aren't and left on and any and all new bond issues are added on to all previous bonds. which is one reason school taxes never seem to decrease but expand

Posted April 15, 2014
I live a mile away from Wayne High School. I have two children that go to Wayne. They both have to walk to school in the dark, and cold temp. I am a single parent that works from 5am to 2pm. Huber Heights Schools can and need to find away to bus the High School Students. I have lived here for 18 years and have seen the school system decline.

Posted January 22, 2014
Hope anyone reading this understands that the poor rating either reflect the conditions of the old buildings which are now replaced, a few unhappy students or parents. Reviews should probably be divided by year. Then we could compare scores and see the upward trend. As always, some people won't be satisfied no matter what. This score should show a current 4.5 score for this year.

Posted September 13, 2013
Wayne High School is a school that I would never recommend to anyone. My 3 daughters had to attend Wayne for most of their high school. I only wish that would have been different. Grade school was fine. I have so many problems with teachers and other staff not following through and helping a child in need. It has even went as far as them loosing needed testing scores. I have now been able to take my youngest out of the school and she is doing much better. It's such a shame that they are more concerned about building new building, but not the staff doing what is needed of them.

Posted March 20, 2010

Posted October 03, 2009
My mom and myself graduated from Wayne and my daughter will next year. It's expanded and has come a long way in teaching our children and preparing them for the future. Their hard work and dedication will make future generations just as proud!

Posted September 17, 2008

Wayne High School 3

Posted June 01, 2008

Posted May 23, 2008
Wayne is a fantastic school. Overall the teachers are very good at helping the students look forward to college based studies. The have excellent extracurricular activities for all students. Being in the military and moving often our children have adjusted easily at Wayne.

Wayne High School 4

Posted March 09, 2008
I have 3 children (now young adults) who went all through the HHCS system and overall I am very pleased with their experience. Yes, sports are a big thing at Wayne, but I also feel that academics are covered for the most part to prepare the students for college and beyond. There are so many excellent students that attend Wayne but those are not the ones that anyone hears about. Take it from me, a proud parent, they are there and thriving. Parent involvment, that is the key. This is something that the schools and teachers have no control over. Too many parents expect the schools to do it all, then sit back and whine and complain when little Johnny doesn't succeed. I am just thankful for the wonderful education that my kids received at Wayne High School.

Contact Information

5400 Chambersburg Rd
Huber Heights, OH 45424

School website

Wayne High School
5400 Chambersburg Rd, Huber Heights, OH  45424
Last modified Wayne High School is a public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wayne High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews.