PK-6 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

I work in education, and I can say hands down that this is the best educational experience that my children have had. All three of my boys attended this Montessori program from 3 years old through Kindergarten. The staff and administrator are excellent. My children learned more than just academics. All 3 of my children had very different learning styles, which were easily met and encouraged. The Montessori method is fully embraced here, and my children flourished. I would recommend this school in a heartbeat to ANYONE who asked for my input.

My children attended preschool through third grade. I only had to withdraw them because we moved. I certainly wish we could have stayed. The Head of School does an excellent job of using the Montessori method, and treats all the children with respect and patience. My kids are reading well ahead of grade level, and have a deep understanding of math concepts rather than rote memorization of tables. They have a love of learning for learning's sake and will (at 6 and 8 yrs old) create their own experiments to solve problems. They independently research topics of interest to themselves without anyone asking or any external motivation whatsoever. I am forever grateful to the staff at Dayton Montessori Society for the great start my children received.

My 12 yr old went here for preschool. she loved it and so did I. Hanna was reading before kindergarten. She has been in the Gifted progam since first grade. I believe it was this school.

What a delight to see children all working at different activities, free to choose what they are interested in, in a busy, orderly yet quiet environment! It is obvious that they are learning and you can see the joy on their faces. It is so different from a classroom where the teacher has everybody doing the same thing. It is also different from the chaotic day care centers where there is no order or discipline. The teachers at Montessori School of Centerville are involved, working with one child at a time or a small group.

My two boys have both attended this school -- my youngest will be entering Kindergarten there in the fall and I have nothing but great things to say about this school. It offers a quality early childhood educational experience in a wonderfully caring environment. I would recommend it to anyone considering a preschool through Kindergarten program in the Miami Valley.

We love this school! Our four-year-old daughter started there last fall. After her speech and hearing test, her teacher had a conference with us about some concerns about our child's auditory processing of instructions. We noticed this at home as well, but did not have a name for it- thank goodness for the extremely low student-to-teacher ratio and the attention paid to each student. Wendy spelled out a plan for us to follow at home and she explained how they would help her at school. The difference has been amazing. Did I mention that we loved this school?

Last modified Dayton Montessori Society is a Private school