9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amazing education, community, school spirit, athletics, faith and service in the community. As a parent, I cannot imagine my children going anywhere else. I know there are outsiders that may say some negative things (even on this site), but I really believe it is rooted in envy. I encourage anyone to come in and spend a day and you will see the truth.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There are very very good ones all the way down to average ones. I do not believe there are any ineffective teachers currently.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I say that, but looking at the graduates, they do very well on test scores and earning academic scholarships. It was over $18 Million last year.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The competition to get ahead is all about back stabbing each other. Parents are worse than the students when it comes to this attitude.

As a student this school is terrible, bullying, teachers bully, don't care, no one pays attention if you don't play sports, DONT GO HERE

I graduated from Alter in 1978 and loved it! My parents gave me the choice of going to Centerville HS and any Alter and it has made all the difference in my life.

Best school you could ever go to, great learning oppertunities and a place to meet friends and teachers that truely care for you. I enjoy going there every day, I feel so proud.

My husband and I sent our child there this past year, 2010 after being in the local public school district. In the beginning the staff and students both welcomed him. However, after the "newness" wore off it was apparent that this school was more than a "tight-knit community." Some students actually bantered or talked down to him...quite a lot. The school is so small- that it leaves very few who chose to try and really get to know who he was. Don't get me wrong- this could happen anywhere. Yet, one doesn't expect it within the Catholic community nor did we really take into account that most of these children and their parents have not only gone to the same schools for years, but attend the same parish on the weekends. While the academic expectations are high. It's as if their "unguided" by the instructors. Figure it out on your own.

Great school for growing your child in a faith based school. Parents work so hard for the school. More people need to join the Booster Assoc. This is the group that helps the school and the students.

I have sent all three of my girls here. One is a senior this year (2009) and one is a sophmore. The third is a sophmore in college. All three of my girls have been challenged academically to reach their fullest potential. Their teachers and counselors really cared about them and listened. My middle child has a learning disability, but even so her teachers really helped her to learn around it and did all they could to help her succeed. What they did must have worked because both she and my oldest daughter were accepted to prestigous four year colleges! They all really enjoyed their time here, and their father and I have loved the community that is Alter. It was well worth the money!! I would reccomend it to anyone!

Last modified Archbishop Alter High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12