Kettering, OH

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 15, 2015
Anyone who witnesses the student body during a sporting event will see the disrespect towards the other schools. Arrogance is not pride!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 15, 2015
When I see a student body making fun of other school's student body that is disgusting. How does chanting obscenities promote Christian values?

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 15, 2015
The competition to get ahead is all about back stabbing each other. Parents are worse than the students when it comes to this attitude.

Archbishop Alter High School 1

Posted February 05, 2014
As a student this school is terrible, bullying, teachers bully, don't care, no one pays attention if you don't play sports, DONT GO HERE

Posted October 01, 2012
I graduated from Alter in 1978 and loved it! My parents gave me the choice of going to Centerville HS and any Alter and it has made all the difference in my life.

Posted March 09, 2011
Best school you could ever go to, great learning oppertunities and a place to meet friends and teachers that truely care for you. I enjoy going there every day, I feel so proud.

Archbishop Alter High School 3

Posted May 14, 2010
My husband and I sent our child there this past year, 2010 after being in the local public school district. In the beginning the staff and students both welcomed him. However, after the "newness" wore off it was apparent that this school was more than a "tight-knit community." Some students actually bantered or talked down to him...quite a lot. The school is so small- that it leaves very few who chose to try and really get to know who he was. Don't get me wrong- this could happen anywhere. Yet, one doesn't expect it within the Catholic community nor did we really take into account that most of these children and their parents have not only gone to the same schools for years, but attend the same parish on the weekends. While the academic expectations are high. It's as if their "unguided" by the instructors. Figure it out on your own.

Posted June 21, 2009
Great school for growing your child in a faith based school. Parents work so hard for the school. More people need to join the Booster Assoc. This is the group that helps the school and the students.

Posted March 08, 2009
I have sent all three of my girls here. One is a senior this year (2009) and one is a sophmore. The third is a sophmore in college. All three of my girls have been challenged academically to reach their fullest potential. Their teachers and counselors really cared about them and listened. My middle child has a learning disability, but even so her teachers really helped her to learn around it and did all they could to help her succeed. What they did must have worked because both she and my oldest daughter were accepted to prestigous four year colleges! They all really enjoyed their time here, and their father and I have loved the community that is Alter. It was well worth the money!! I would reccomend it to anyone!

Posted November 19, 2008
I bought one of the first bricks to help Archbishop Alter get started. I have watched it's progress through the years and am always pleased with it's accomplishments, in education, music and sports. I am proud to have two girls graduate from Alter.

940 East David Rd., Kettering, OH  45429
Last modified Archbishop Alter High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Archbishop Alter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top