Bad
Good

I think that since kettering city schools has taken on the challenge to not hold their teachers responsible for all of the levels of students, it has really gone into the abyss. teachers are keeping themselves un accessible, or are giving the students that impression. you try to ask for help, and get your head bitten off. you try to collaborate for a better education for your child, and they have the appearances of taking it out on the student for questioning them. they take elective surgeries leaving the students to substitutes, who have little or no care as to what the kids learn. the teachers like to teach with handouts, no explanations, and no questions asked. they give little to no time to take a test, and unlike the AP teachers at the high schools, rank their tests in progress book in ways to tank a students grades. The KMS teachers have an over inflated ego of their importance. What the Kettering School district has forgotten or more in my opinion does not care, is that the students are parents are their customers. If they were held to some kind of standard (which they are not) then maybe they would have better rankings. they take care of their own, and to you know where ...

I think KMS is a great school with outstanding teachers! I really like how they have the units separated, it makes the transition from elementary to middle school so much easier on the parents and kids.

This is a fantastic school in so many ways, I can't even begin to describe them all here!

I am a parent and was very impressed with Kettering Middle School when my 2 oldest children attended the school and never had any problems. My youngest child is now attending in 6th and this has been the worse and most negative year our family has every experienced with a school. It all comes down to the teachers want all the children to learn the same and I believe these is not a good system in place for a child that doesn't learn in the normal class room environment.

I am a student attending this school. All of the teachers are fun, as well as fun to learn from. KMS is an excellent school; I wish I could stay there forever!

My son attended 6th grade at KMS last year and the North Unit teaching team seemed to not communicate well with each other and the year was challenging for us and my son. This year in 7th grade has been so much better. Again, North Unit but this team is so receptive, caring and work together to help your child. Overall, KMS is an excellent school w/ great music programs. It is just too large to give much individual attention.

I attended KMS when it was still the KJH. I am impressed with the many improvements that have been made all around! My daughter is currently a 7th grader. She loves her teachers and they love their students!

Last modified Kettering Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.