Kettering, OH

Posted June 19, 2015
This was the best school! i would highly recommend this school to anyone. The teachers and staff are amazing. They care alot about their students. The activities and community they create make everyone feel like a family. Im 27 years old now and still enjoy going back to visit and seeing some of my old teachers. when i have kids i will make sure i send them here. I never thought the first day of elementry school riding bus 36 would be where i met my best friends for the rest of my life. We all met at this school and still to this day we have all remained best friends.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 19, 2015
I have had teachers reach out to me years later and still to this day asking how im doing.

Posted October 05, 2012
The teachers, parents and administration all work together and support the chilren's educational and social growth. My boys have gone there since Kindergarten and they are currently in the 3rd and 4th grades respectively. Wonderful environment for learning!

Posted April 20, 2010
Southdale is a community of caring teachers, parents and students. It is an ideal learning environment.

Posted September 16, 2009
Caring and highly skilled teachers and support staff, solid community ties and volunteer support, well-integrated character education (S.P.I.R.I.T.) and high academic expectations for all. Plus, my child loves to go there!

Posted July 07, 2009
Southdale Elementary is an excellent school. The teachers are kind and caring to the students.

Posted October 25, 2008
The principal is fantastic. Both kids and parents enjoy their school experience. I give Southdale an A+.

Posted August 03, 2008
Being in a work field that goes to many different schools, Southdale is by far the safest I can see. I was amazed at the differences in each School & even more amazed at the quality of safty that Southdale provides. There is someone there at every pick up & drop off ....whether it be bus riders, care riders or walkers. If you do not have a note or they do not recocnize the person picking up your child, your child does not go with that person & you will get a phone call. If you need to go in to the building and are walking down the hall, staff always engage in conversation to make sure you have a reason for being there & that you are signed in, but always in a friendly manor.

1200 West Dorothy Ln, Kettering, OH  45409
Last modified Southdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southdale Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top