Van Buren Middle School 3

Posted December 12, 2011
Wow I think I may be one of the few that is unhappy with this school. The teachers are not perfect but they are great, especially given the number of kids they have to deal with and the lack of teachers' assistants. They are most of them stuck with a loud chaotic class. The lunches are not healthy and so you are better off having your child take their lunch. A nurse is not on staff and is at the school sporadically throughout each month, but tries to make it in twice a week, but she is divided between Van Buren and Fairmont High. The principal, asst. principal, and counscelors are not reliable in protecting children from bullies, as we found out the hard way last year. Little to no support for the child that is being bullied. A lot of the kids have some hardluck stories, and the behaviours to go along with that. We do not find the curriculum advanced at all, and are supplementing at home. We are actually thinking to go to homeschooling for the 8th grade because of it.

Posted April 18, 2011
Van Buren is a great school. this is my first year in this school and i havent had any trouble with the teachers or students. Van Buren has excellent teachers that really seem to care about their students.

Posted January 30, 2011
Van Buren is the best school I've ever been to. The teachers are fantastic and really care about the students. The principal is really nice and always talks with students and doesn't just stay locked up in his office. He also is very anti-bully and stays true to his word when he promises things. I'm in 6th grade and I've never seen anyone bullied. There are very nice full-sized lockers and there is very "high-tech" equipment like i-pads and i-pod touches. There is also a computer lap with 40+ newly bought computers. There are great unified arts and gifted classes. Also there are many great after school programs. I recommend this school to anyone looking for a great school with good test scores and fun activities and don't take their students for granted.

Posted April 25, 2010
Amazing school. I moved here for only for the ratings this school got. It has really let my kids express themselves.

Van Buren Middle School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Both my boys got a very good education at that school

Van Buren Middle School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
The teachers are awesome! Our family appreciates the kindness and caring offered as well as the help with our nontraditional family.

Posted July 03, 2009

Posted April 20, 2009
What makes this a great school are the teachers and parents who work together in the best interest of the children

Posted March 28, 2009

Posted February 17, 2009

Van Buren Middle School
3775 Shroyer Rd, Kettering, OH  45429
Last modified Van Buren Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Van Buren Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.