Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Posted June 12, 2016
Lakewood high has much to be proud of! They have a wide variety of academic courses and the music program is outstanding. Best in the state, especially the orchestra program. LHS provides great opportunities for its students and they are lead by dedicated, passionate teachers. Highly recommend

Posted May 28, 2016
I was raised in Cleveland and attended Cleveland public schools until my parents moved us to Lakewood to attend their school system. I never graduated from Lakewood High for the fact that the teachers, office people, and principal were bias. They didn't care for Cleveland kids and they were always against me and my sisters. I would never send my children to this school for the simple fact that I wouldn't want them to face the same treatment I did. The house 2 principal Miss Fidiniac (if that's how her name was spelled) liked showing my school files to other kids parents to show them what a bad student I was. To the parents out there, keep your teens away from this school. Send them somewhere else or let them get their ged like I had to.

Lakewood High School
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 28, 2016
Very bias school. When they don't like a student, they make it hard for that child

Posted March 11, 2014
i agree with the post on 05/26/2012. i also was treated the same way when i graduated in 1968. was not encouraged to try to excel in any subject but was encouraged to take typing. was a very lonely time in my life.

Posted March 10, 2014
Wonderful school with an ethnically and economically diverse student population. Wide range of extracurricular activities to get involved in and an outstanding music program.

Posted January 14, 2014
This school is Horrible. Not only do they not take care of bullying situations but the teachers also bully. I was chased out of the Lakewood City school system because not only was I bullied by students, my teachers would also single me out. The staff is rude and don't care about their students one bit, all they care about is the pay check. I would not recommend this school to ANYONE.

Posted July 17, 2013
The fact that not a single student or parent was capable of writing a review absent of spelling and grammar errors speaks volumes about this school. So happy that 5k/yr in property taxes somehow isn't enough to prevent one of Lakewood's biggest arteries from being obstructed ten times a day by stalled school renovations.

Posted June 29, 2013
Lakewood High is outstanding with great teachers! Because of its larger size they can offer a much greater variety of classes than other schools in the area...even the private ones. If your student is bright this is the school for him or her. They offered so many AP classes that my oldest was able to get through college in 3 years. They offer accelerated math courses covering a full year of college calculus. Their pre-engineering program (Project Lead The Way) follows a nationally recognized set of standards that colleges want. Their art program is outstanding and many students have gone on to win national awards. In tough times when other districts are cutting back on "extras" like band and orchestra Lakewood is growing its music program. They have four orchestras and just many bands.In addition they have after school jazz bands and the best high school rock orchestra in the country (possibly the only of its type with a great mix of acoustic and electric instruments). The only downside of Lakewood High would be for those whose kids are special needs or those who are not self motivated as they can get lost in this environment so they may be better off in a smaller district.

Lakewood High School 4

Posted April 02, 2013
Like any other school, Lakewood High School is not perfect, nor is every single teacher there going to change your child's life, but let's keep it real: if you have your proverbial "stuff" together as a parent, your child will likely do well. That being said, my wife and I are both teachers, and elected to stay in Lakewood because we wanted our children to attend the Lakewood Schools . The music and arts programs at LHS are fantastic, there are many opportunities for students to get involved, and most of the teachers are genuinely concerned for the well-being and future of their students. Another key variable that the Lakewood Schools seem to handle well is the community's ever changing demographics and rising poverty. We like that Lakewood is representative of the diversity our children will likely encounter in the "real world", and are grateful that our children are being educated in ways consistent with our values.

Posted April 30, 2012
I'm also a 2012 Graduating Senior Student at LHS. However, my freshman year was horrible, and not to discount 10th, 11th, and now my senior year which is worse than my freshman year which was bad enough. I've heard from many peers that students get sent home for unnecessary reasons, not to discount myself just this year TWICE. I was completely misled by the school. However, the Principal is very educated, but i don't believe that he notices the moment-by-moment functions of the classrooms and the students well-being. They only address problems to resolve them, not always to prevent them from recurring. I feel if LHS REALLY deserves the title "Excellent" then i simply suggest that staff be more tolerant, patient, and understanding, instead of not taking action upon acts of harrassment and mistreatment to and from school, particularly in my case this year. There are several good things, but not so good things simultaneously, and the bad outweighs the good, and i'm honestly suprised to see that not many others see this. As i partially agree, but mostly disagree with the September 11th, 2011 post. But i believe they can improve, but i see things from a very realistic perspective.

Lakewood High School
14100 Franklin Blvd, Lakewood, OH  44107
Last modified Lakewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.