Posted March 11, 2014
i agree with the post on 05/26/2012. i also was treated the same way when i graduated in 1968. was not encouraged to try to excel in any subject but was encouraged to take typing. was a very lonely time in my life.

Posted March 10, 2014
Wonderful school with an ethnically and economically diverse student population. Wide range of extracurricular activities to get involved in and an outstanding music program.

Posted January 14, 2014
This school is Horrible. Not only do they not take care of bullying situations but the teachers also bully. I was chased out of the Lakewood City school system because not only was I bullied by students, my teachers would also single me out. The staff is rude and don't care about their students one bit, all they care about is the pay check. I would not recommend this school to ANYONE.

Posted July 17, 2013
The fact that not a single student or parent was capable of writing a review absent of spelling and grammar errors speaks volumes about this school. So happy that 5k/yr in property taxes somehow isn't enough to prevent one of Lakewood's biggest arteries from being obstructed ten times a day by stalled school renovations.

Posted June 29, 2013
Lakewood High is outstanding with great teachers! Because of its larger size they can offer a much greater variety of classes than other schools in the area...even the private ones. If your student is bright this is the school for him or her. They offered so many AP classes that my oldest was able to get through college in 3 years. They offer accelerated math courses covering a full year of college calculus. Their pre-engineering program (Project Lead The Way) follows a nationally recognized set of standards that colleges want. Their art program is outstanding and many students have gone on to win national awards. In tough times when other districts are cutting back on "extras" like band and orchestra Lakewood is growing its music program. They have four orchestras and just many bands.In addition they have after school jazz bands and the best high school rock orchestra in the country (possibly the only of its type with a great mix of acoustic and electric instruments). The only downside of Lakewood High would be for those whose kids are special needs or those who are not self motivated as they can get lost in this environment so they may be better off in a smaller district.

Lakewood High School 4

Posted April 02, 2013
Like any other school, Lakewood High School is not perfect, nor is every single teacher there going to change your child's life, but let's keep it real: if you have your proverbial "stuff" together as a parent, your child will likely do well. That being said, my wife and I are both teachers, and elected to stay in Lakewood because we wanted our children to attend the Lakewood Schools . The music and arts programs at LHS are fantastic, there are many opportunities for students to get involved, and most of the teachers are genuinely concerned for the well-being and future of their students. Another key variable that the Lakewood Schools seem to handle well is the community's ever changing demographics and rising poverty. We like that Lakewood is representative of the diversity our children will likely encounter in the "real world", and are grateful that our children are being educated in ways consistent with our values.

Posted April 30, 2012
I'm also a 2012 Graduating Senior Student at LHS. However, my freshman year was horrible, and not to discount 10th, 11th, and now my senior year which is worse than my freshman year which was bad enough. I've heard from many peers that students get sent home for unnecessary reasons, not to discount myself just this year TWICE. I was completely misled by the school. However, the Principal is very educated, but i don't believe that he notices the moment-by-moment functions of the classrooms and the students well-being. They only address problems to resolve them, not always to prevent them from recurring. I feel if LHS REALLY deserves the title "Excellent" then i simply suggest that staff be more tolerant, patient, and understanding, instead of not taking action upon acts of harrassment and mistreatment to and from school, particularly in my case this year. There are several good things, but not so good things simultaneously, and the bad outweighs the good, and i'm honestly suprised to see that not many others see this. As i partially agree, but mostly disagree with the September 11th, 2011 post. But i believe they can improve, but i see things from a very realistic perspective.

Lakewood High School 2

Posted May 27, 2010
Just going to school there does not give you absolutes that its good. In comparison to what? The school is too large. The staff cannot handle the amount of kids & then layer in budget cuts and you get mass problems. There are some wonderful teachers there, but by & large your child can get lost. You must do due diligence and be extra on top of your kids there. They won't be calling you until it's a huge problem. Yes there are plenty of terrible parents who allow their children to slip through the cracks,but mots of us don't. Someone referenced Lakewood as a "desirable" location. I would agree 100% if you have no kids. If you have kids, there are MUCH better school systems (North Royalton, Brecksville-Broadview Heights) a simple peruse of State Achievement Scores will show how bad the rank is. Spend the extra money move somewhere better....

Posted March 13, 2010

Posted January 19, 2010
I am a student and i am a senior at Lakewood. This is school does everything they are supposed to do. The staff handle every situation very well. I have seen alot of incidents and the wayt he staff handle them, they dont play around. I dont agree with what some people said about this school is bad and the teachers and staff are not good at how they go about there job. That is not true. This school is FARRRR from bad. If your child isnt doing so well did you ever think it had to do witht the friends they have? I can tell you because i have been there. It has nothing to do with the staff and the security guards, its not wanting to go to class when you know you arent doin anything in that class. Uh some people dont know what they are talkin about.

Lakewood High School
14100 Franklin Blvd, Lakewood, OH  44107
Last modified Lakewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.