Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted April 21, 2016
Both my boys were shunned and suffered verbal abuse the entire year they were forced by law to stay at this school. When I met with the principal and the Dean excuses were made for the bullies or it was completely disregarded. My son could not focus while in class because of this. He is only a sweet 12 year old who wanted his peers to like him and they call him weird and stupid and kick his folders and make fun of him and threaten him and he is afraid to tell me now because he knows nothing will be done about it. But if I don't let my son go to school and suffer abuse then they will come and take me to jail and he already lost his dad...other schools work with kids and help those who are victims but not Sherman. Same old Sherman..they did the same to me when I went there and I failed because of it. My oldest son moved to Rushville middle school and got all A's but he struggled at Sherman..that says alot. This school sucks.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 21, 2016
My son reported bullying to me and nothing was done about it except they made excuses for the bullies. My son is afraid to go to school now and is struggling achedemically and it has actually made him so anxious that he wakes up from nightmares vomitting. I went to Sherman and so did my older son and they are the worst school in this country. I even took the steps and talked to the principal and the Dean and all they did was excuse the bullies behavior or disregard it.

Posted April 23, 2015
Horrible school they don't even deserve 1 star sports teams aren't very kind teachers are nasty and accused you of false things

Posted February 27, 2015
School is ran by a very harsh pricnpal. It's hisbway or the highway. Has been witness yelling at kids and parents have reported to Superintendent. Teachers feel they don't need to help students with special needs. Would rather move past leave them behind.

Posted July 02, 2013
I agree with most of the reviews on this school posted before me. There is something about this school that is just not right. The principle is rude to everyone (parents included), he doesn't seem to care about the students. There is something going on there that my child won't tell me and whatever it is, it is enough to make my child want to stay home. Some of the teachers are rude. One of the office managers, never cracks a smile and real short and rude with parents and students (either a stuck up attitude or just plain rude attitude I guess)- that could be because of the principle. The teachers don't want to help the students if they have a problem. The teachers pick on them and call them out in the middle of class or other places in front of people if the parent emails them or calls them to inquire about their child and the performance (concern). I wish there were teachers like I had when I was in school. There are just some that I will not forget. They cared, were concerned & willing to help if your grades were falling. Just the school district period is not good. Of course can't blame it all on the schools, our city growing & just going downhill.

Posted January 27, 2013
dont even get me started dont send your kid to this school your wasting your time and putting your kid in danger its unbelievable what my son tells me on what happens at his school so i got him out and he is doing just fine

Posted April 16, 2010
General Sherman is an Awesome school with both a fantastic teaching and administrative staff. Couldn't ask for a better educational facility for our children!!

General Sherman Junior High School 5

Posted April 23, 2009
GEneral Sherman is an outstanding school.

General Sherman Junior High School 2

Posted April 22, 2009
This school is mediocre. The principal is only focused on testing and not on kids. Many teachers are ignored, and if your kid has one of them, watch out! My child recently transferred to the other junior high and is doing great! I would not let him go back

General Sherman Junior High School 5

Posted February 07, 2009
I am a student that goes to General Sherman jr. high and honestly I think that general sherman would be a great school if they would just get an air conditioner. Our teachers are great and can be strict when they need to be. They also have great teachers to help you when you need it and they care a lot about our academic achievement. They also reward us with a pool party at the end of the year if we do good on our study island tests which I think is pretty cool. If I could choose to go to any school in ohio I would totally pick General Sherman jr. high. They are also doing an abassador club thing which helps the new kids at our school be more comfortable. General Sherman also has many after school activitys. I would hate to go to Ewing no affense.

701 Union St, Lancaster, OH  43130
Last modified General Sherman Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.