General Sherman Junior High School 1

Posted July 02, 2013
I agree with most of the reviews on this school posted before me. There is something about this school that is just not right. The principle is rude to everyone (parents included), he doesn't seem to care about the students. There is something going on there that my child won't tell me and whatever it is, it is enough to make my child want to stay home. Some of the teachers are rude. One of the office managers, never cracks a smile and real short and rude with parents and students (either a stuck up attitude or just plain rude attitude I guess)- that could be because of the principle. The teachers don't want to help the students if they have a problem. The teachers pick on them and call them out in the middle of class or other places in front of people if the parent emails them or calls them to inquire about their child and the performance (concern). I wish there were teachers like I had when I was in school. There are just some that I will not forget. They cared, were concerned & willing to help if your grades were falling. Just the school district period is not good. Of course can't blame it all on the schools, our city growing & just going downhill.

General Sherman Junior High School 1

Posted January 27, 2013
dont even get me started dont send your kid to this school your wasting your time and putting your kid in danger its unbelievable what my son tells me on what happens at his school so i got him out and he is doing just fine

General Sherman Junior High School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
General Sherman is an Awesome school with both a fantastic teaching and administrative staff. Couldn't ask for a better educational facility for our children!!

General Sherman Junior High School 5

Posted April 23, 2009
GEneral Sherman is an outstanding school.

General Sherman Junior High School 2

Posted April 22, 2009
This school is mediocre. The principal is only focused on testing and not on kids. Many teachers are ignored, and if your kid has one of them, watch out! My child recently transferred to the other junior high and is doing great! I would not let him go back

General Sherman Junior High School 5

Posted February 07, 2009
I am a student that goes to General Sherman jr. high and honestly I think that general sherman would be a great school if they would just get an air conditioner. Our teachers are great and can be strict when they need to be. They also have great teachers to help you when you need it and they care a lot about our academic achievement. They also reward us with a pool party at the end of the year if we do good on our study island tests which I think is pretty cool. If I could choose to go to any school in ohio I would totally pick General Sherman jr. high. They are also doing an abassador club thing which helps the new kids at our school be more comfortable. General Sherman also has many after school activitys. I would hate to go to Ewing no affense.

General Sherman Junior High School 2

Posted January 04, 2009
I'm a student at General Sherman and I am rather disappointed by this school. Staff is so so, as well as discipline, however is lacking classes I have previously taken in other schools (different language electives, for one), and the building is fairly small, without air conditioning (as of now). Overall, I would not recommend this school.

General Sherman Junior High School 0

Posted December 28, 2008
General Sherman is a great school and is committed to academic achievement

General Sherman Junior High School 4

Posted December 05, 2008

General Sherman Junior High School 4

Posted October 27, 2008
I am currently a student here and i love my school. Our staff is amazing. If you need help in any kind of way they will help you no mater what. And our teachers are fun and teach the lessons to where i'm actually interested in what were learning about, but they're not afraid to discipline if necessary. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to go to another school (cough cough ewing;)

General Sherman Junior High School
701 Union St, Lancaster, OH  43130
Last modified General Sherman Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
General Sherman Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.