Bad
Good

We have 3 children at Oak Creek and we are very happy with the teachers and staff. Our kids are making great strides and being pushed to achieve by caring and thoughful teachers and staff

Awesome blend of young and older teachers that love teaching. They constantly are improving the student experience. Great sense of community and it shows with active volunteers.

I have started sending my kid to this school and so far I am very happy. Teachers are very helpful and go an a extra mile to help kids. My daughter is already making great progress.

The one positive I can say is some of the teachers are wonderful However I do not believe that goes for the rest of the staff. Some of them are rude. If you are not in the in group you are definitely on the outside. They ask for help but do not take well to suggestions and different opinions. They do things the way they want to regardless. The principal only acts like she cares because she is getting paid and doesn't seem genuine. She does not handle problems well and depends on the teachers to handle the parents. They give out many nonsense little rules yet aren't as concerned about the bigger picture in learning. And they make you feel out of place when you have a real concern and question their method. They get defensive and It's always trying to convince you it's good. I feel we are pretty normal and are laidback but I really have concerns and am uncomfortable with this school. You have a mixture of parents who don't really care and the ones who are buddy with the teachers and are part of the involved in group. I would have thought twice about buying our home if I would have known!

I really love this school! I was so apprehensive about public education but I could not be happier with this school. I've become a huge advocate of public schools because of the wonderful education that my children have received here. I feel so thankful that we moved to this district when we relocated to Central Ohio.

I have been incredibly happy with this school! The staff is friendly and caring and the principal is outstanding. Our experience has been that all of the teachers are wonderful but some really stand out as truly amazing. I'm so happy to live in this district and Oak Creek has really changed my perspective on public schooling.

A great school in the Olentangy School district. The teachers and staff are wonderful and helpful.

There is such tension when you enter this school. The office personnel look like they are overworked and the principal is rude. Teachers seem stressed out and no supported. Having volunteered in this school, I am shocked that the climate in this building does not mirror the other wonderful schools in this district.

There are many wonderful teachers at Oak Creek Elementary, but just as many inexperienced teachers who the Olentangy school district continues to hire to save money by paying lower salaries but spends millions on building new schools. This is a district-wide problem. The principal does seem to have a difficult time relating to parents and taking heart with their concerns as does the guidance counselor. The brashness of the office staff has improved from previous years. The PTO does schedule nice events for the children, but is very closed to making others feel welcomed. I do think my children have received a good educational foundation at Oak Creek, but beware if your child has a difficult time learning in the 'standard' academic way. The school tries very hard to wear down those parent's and convince them otherwise. Also, a district-wide problem since Olentangy likes to tout its' 'gifted' program.

This school is very warm and inviting. The principal is rude and very unprofessional. She is snappy and talks poorly of her staff who are wonderful. Every teacher at Oak Creek is dedicated to improving student success. The administration is weak for Olentangy standards. I transferred there from another school in the district and was very displeased with Mrs. Lather's unprofessionalism.

Last modified Oak Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.