Bad
Good

Larkmoor Elementary School 2

Posted December 08, 2012
That is so strange. My child goes to Larkmoor and had told me a few times about not being able to eat lunch and missing recess because of missing school because she was sick. And I watched with my own eye's a teaching grabbing a child my their clothing and yelling at them for trying to jog past a group of kid's who was making fun of him. It broke my heart when my daughter told me that the she was getting picked on and the teacher calling her a baby all on the same day. Needless to say as a parent there was nothing that could be done. No one in the office cares and the secretary is very mean. We do plan on switching schools next year because of that. It's a shame I am not the only one who is going through this.

Larkmoor Elementary School 2

Posted November 30, 2012
Larkmoor was once considered a very good school. Since the change in 2012 school year children including parents are greatly concerned of their childrens welfare. Sick children who go to the office for care get sent back to class being told, "deal with it!" Running out of lunches for children leaving them with only snacks to eat, and losing outdoor play activities because of simple reasons such as having simple conversations during lunch or missing a day of school even if child has doctors note. The leadership of this school is horrible allowing fights and teachers to belittle children as young as 7 years of age. Please note these facts as, "facts" Not a rant. My children lost the care to be good in school because in their eyes they will be punished regardless. Thankyou for reading and if you are interested in your childs love and care donnot let them go to this school.

Posted September 04, 2011
Both of my children go to Larkmoor and I must say, the school is pretty darn awesome! Mr. Monteleone is one awesome principal! He is always outside with the kids and parents at the end of the day. He knows a lot of the kids by name because he's involved in the learning. I want to keep my kids in Larkmoor as long as I can because the atmosphere is awesome there! The teachers care, pay attention and strive to help the children succeed. My youngest son is in the Chinese Immersion program Larkmoor has and I'm happy they have it. It's an awesome advantage for my child to grow academically in a way that not many other children can! The school is awesome!

Posted September 24, 2009
Everyone at Larkmoor has made major improvements to insure a positive environment conducive to the childrens learning experience.

Larkmoor Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
I am very impressed with my son's kindergarten teacher, makes him eager to learn.I will be sad when he moves on. I am not pleased with all the little rules,ie. the dress code, the 3/4 eaten lunch rule, I am only allowed to walk him in if I get a pass, etc... I am invovlved with PTO and his classroom and enjoy talking to his teacher every moring for a minute or so to find out what I could be helping with. I was really excited that he would be in a brand new school, but like I said having all of the little silly rules makes no sense@

Larkmoor Elementary School 3

Posted November 23, 2005
I am fairly disappointed in the quality of education my children are receiving. It seems that the only thing the teachers are allowed to teach is 'The Test'.

Posted June 11, 2004
I have a daughter that goes to Larkmoor School she has been there since kindergarten she is going in the 6th grade this comming school year. The Teachers at this school are remarkable,caring,giving there all to acheive all the reading skills,writing skills,math skills any skill to help the under acheivers without making them feel left out. Mr.Kos is a wonderful man,a caring man,and when he retires he will be missed. I rate this school a 5 Star school. Pam Collins

Larkmoor Elementary School 4

Posted February 28, 2004
I have three children currently attending Larkmoor and am very impressed by the effort and encouragement that the teachers and Mr.Kos show towards educating all of the children.

Larkmoor Elementary School
1201 Nebraska, Lorain, OH  44052
Last modified Larkmoor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larkmoor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top