Posted February 18, 2012
This school is AWESOME. My son didn't fair well at all in our public school district. He has ADHD (inattentive) and was treated like he was lazy, and therefore was shutting down....he spent every night crying himself to sleep. Since switching him to this school (I drive several miles each day to take him there, and it's SO worth it), he's doing SO much better. From the day they tested him before school started he developed a much better outlook of school. The staff and teachers are GREAT and they really care! My son no longer minds going to school, and there is no bullying here, either (to which he was subjected to before without anyone doing anything about it). Each and every child is treated like a person. They have therapeutic martial arts instead of physical education, which is wonderful. They have a "Level System" for rewards that they earn. They earn "Bobcat Bucks" for good behavior which also earns them rewards. This school was recommended to me by another parent that has her son attending there. I'm SO glad she did! LOVE IT!!:)

Summit Academy-Lorain 4

Posted January 10, 2012
i have heard so many wonderful things about this school and was wondering if parents really feel that it has changed their kids life my two oldest boys are adhd and it shows they are on meds and all i hear from teacher at the school they are currently attending is that "has you son taken his medication today" i need somewhere that really cares and wants to dedicate to my boys learning..

Posted December 17, 2007
Summit has given my two daughters a hope they never had in the public school system. They are valued for the unique and creative individuals that they are there. The teachers accept their differences and individuality with love that is so hard to find anywhere else. I highly recommend this school.

Posted November 08, 2007
our son goes to this school and we would not change for anything. the quality of education he is receiving is outstanding and he enjoys going there and is learning more now than ever before

Posted November 04, 2007

Posted April 05, 2007
My son's had low self esteem in the public schools and as soon as I placed them into the Summit Academy school, they changed almost instantly. Their self esteem went up and their achievement level went up, the staff is incredible, I am really amazed and satisfied with what this school accomplishes. They are equipped to deal with the ADD, ADHD and Aspergher, like no other school can, and I thank God for them, I wish there were many more schools like these. Wendy Andino, Lorain/Norwalk, OH

Posted November 16, 2006
My daughter is doing so much better in summit. She come's home execited and talk's non-stop about what she has learned.She love's school now!

Posted August 30, 2005

Posted August 28, 2005
My daughterdid not do well in public school and has excelled at Summit Academy. The quality of the educators, the classroom size, the learning material and the program has helped her in all areas. She has went from straight F's to honor roll achievment. Awesome,Awesome, Awesome. If your childhas ADD or ADHD this is for them. You can't get any better than this.

Summit Academy-Lorain
2140 East 36th St, Lorain, OH  44055
Last modified Summit Academy-Lorain is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit Academy-Lorain Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.