Bad
Good

This school is AWESOME. My son didn't fair well at all in our public school district. He has ADHD (inattentive) and was treated like he was lazy, and therefore was shutting down....he spent every night crying himself to sleep. Since switching him to this school (I drive several miles each day to take him there, and it's SO worth it), he's doing SO much better. From the day they tested him before school started he developed a much better outlook of school. The staff and teachers are GREAT and they really care! My son no longer minds going to school, and there is no bullying here, either (to which he was subjected to before without anyone doing anything about it). Each and every child is treated like a person. They have therapeutic martial arts instead of physical education, which is wonderful. They have a "Level System" for rewards that they earn. They earn "Bobcat Bucks" for good behavior which also earns them rewards. This school was recommended to me by another parent that has her son attending there. I'm SO glad she did! LOVE IT!!:)

i have heard so many wonderful things about this school and was wondering if parents really feel that it has changed their kids life my two oldest boys are adhd and it shows they are on meds and all i hear from teacher at the school they are currently attending is that "has you son taken his medication today" i need somewhere that really cares and wants to dedicate to my boys learning..

Summit has given my two daughters a hope they never had in the public school system. They are valued for the unique and creative individuals that they are there. The teachers accept their differences and individuality with love that is so hard to find anywhere else. I highly recommend this school.

our son goes to this school and we would not change for anything. the quality of education he is receiving is outstanding and he enjoys going there and is learning more now than ever before

My son's had low self esteem in the public schools and as soon as I placed them into the Summit Academy school, they changed almost instantly. Their self esteem went up and their achievement level went up, the staff is incredible, I am really amazed and satisfied with what this school accomplishes. They are equipped to deal with the ADD, ADHD and Aspergher, like no other school can, and I thank God for them, I wish there were many more schools like these. Wendy Andino, Lorain/Norwalk, OH

My daughter is doing so much better in summit. She come's home execited and talk's non-stop about what she has learned.She love's school now!

Last modified Summit Academy-Lorain is a Charter school that serves grades K-5