Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 25, 2015
IT's never so much that we can't have our family time and activities. We're never scrambling at the last minute to get it done. It's the perfect amt. for the age.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 25, 2015
They learn to respect one another, as well as the staff. It's part of the schools motto and something they talk about every day.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 25, 2015
They build this up. They teach the motto: My Voice, My Choice as their anti bullying campaign and to create individuality in each child.

Posted July 25, 2015
Teachers, level of education, quality, the smiles... everything. I've never been to a friendlier district and could not be more thrilled with our choice to move here 3 years ago.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 25, 2015
Kids do not fall through the cracks here. They are individuals who are known, not just numbers and statistics. My medically fragile son was embraced and treated kindly, not treated as a burden like his previous school district.

Loveland Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2013
We moved to this district from another about 20 miles away, yet the difference is obvious. LES provides my kids with not only the instructional material they need to succeed with testing, but also offers art, music, gym, and busing; something our previous district did not have. They also engage the kids in gardening once a week and offer special opportunities for them to learn about science by having COSI come to the school. My children's teachers have been nice, the principal did a great job of welcoming us into the district by having a new family night, and the speech teacher who works with one of my children seems very attentive and helpful. While the class ratio is closer to 25/1, it doesn't seem like it is that overcrowded for a public school. Perhaps the reviewer who gave LES one star hasn't had the misfortune of going to a poor school. Because the previous district we attended as well as the kindergarten in California my oldest went to were much worse off than Loveland Elementary.

Posted November 28, 2012
we moved to loveland from lakota when my oldiest was in 6th grade. He was behind in all his classes. Loveland had a more demanding level on their kids, which surprised me. Now my youngiest is in loveland and he is having some learning issues. The teacher has pulled a group of specialists together and had my son tested. Loveland and his teacher have been a wonderfeul help in getting my son in a positive learning enviroment. He receives special help and he loves school. Because of his teacher and the school my son is getting the help he needs very early. I love this school district/

Posted July 25, 2012
My daughter started this school last year. I think it is a great school. I was disappointed in the homework assignments as I was expecting more, but I am learning that it is becoming rare for kids to bring home as much homework as in the past. I enjoy homework with my daughter, becomes it gives me the opportunity to see what she is going over in school and to better help her if she didn't quite get it the first time. Since, I have always had the opportunity in the past, I am concerned of the future if this persists. I have also looked at other school's in this area and they are doing fairly the same. My daughter recently took the OAA for the 1st time & the fact that she surpassed state and local areas tremendously tells me the school is doing a pretty great job in preparing kids. I do think the school child/teacher ratio is high, but some of the other school systems seem to be no different. PS...I really don't think the school is a 5, bc no school would ever be at the standards I think it should be. I am simply disgusted by the individuals that marked it as a 1 and they have no idea what a bad school is. I really hope they are not attending this school anymore!

Loveland Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2010
this school is no where near being up to par with the rest of the schools. we just moved too the district last year and this school is a year behind in the material.this district seems to have many flaws that could be fixed.

Loveland Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2010
I don't know how any child can acheive anything in this over-crowded schools. The class sizes are 30/1 and children do not get ANY one on one work from their teachers. The teacher themselves walk around the school with miserable looks on their faces. They are over worked and know they are not providing what they need for each student. The Principals cannot handle conflict from Parents or Teachers. The school is old with a good amount of money, yet they don't update it. The old PTA was great and made some great changes however there is a whole new PTA board this year and who knows what they can do for this school. If you are thinking of moving to Loveland for the schools ....rethink it.

600 Loveland Madeira Rd, Loveland, OH  45140
Last modified Loveland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.