PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My son has been attending this school for one year now. It's it small, the principal knows the name of every child seem like. The parents in this community are very friendly, and come from all walks of life. Overall a great experience!

A caring school, but one in one that offers little in the way of intramural or extracurricular activities. The facility is aging and poorly kept. There are children's desks here that have been in use since the 1950s. There is little to no transparency in the school's finances. It seems its only one or two people who decide what is purchased and when and they have to explain their decisions to no one. What the school does well, it does very well basic 3 R education. But, it's offerings weren't enough 20 years ago and seem laughably behind that this point.

My son was in preschool here. We had a phenomenal experience. The teachers truly cared about my son and were happy to go out of their way to assist us in any way they could. I got the impression that the school itself is very close knit. I cannot speak to academic rigorousness, as my son was only in preschool and ultimately attended a different school for kindergarten due to some extenuating/unrelated circumstances. I honestly cannot recommend this school enough. It even had a bit of cultural diversity (not religious, obviously...it's a Catholic school), which is a refreshing change from some other suburban east-side private schools.

My third child is now enrolled and we couldn't be happier. The first two children had a great experience and went on to top notch private high schools and colleges. What sets this school apart? The St. Clare community itself. The faculty and parish are dedicated to make this institution grow and prosper. Parents are involved at all levels. The volunteerism is unmatched. I am Catholic and appreciate the educational avenues that affords, but I would not be put off in the least if you are considering St. Clare and you aren't Catholic. Nobody is going to transform your belief structure. This is a caring educational environment where respect, decency and hard work mold these children. Check it out. It's not about the bricks and mortar..it is about the people.

Don't listen to any poor reviews of this WONDERFUL school! My son is finishing his second year and I couldn't be happier with our decision to send him here. The curriculum is well organized and the class sizes are reasonable to assure each child gets individual attention. My son is in the largest class and I believe there are 26 children total, which Miss Gambatese manages beautifully. Additionally, communication with his teachers has been amazing! The teachers provide email addresses and are VERY quick to respond to any questions from parents. With regard to parental involvement, this is evident whenever you attend a school function. Any school is only as good as the parents want it to be. If you're looking for a school to babysit your child and do all the work of educating them, this is not the place for you. If; however, you're looking for a school that expects active participation from parents, that teaches effectively and makes your child feel as though he or she is part of a school community, this is the right choice.

This school is so unprofessional. I looked at many schools and decided to go with St. Clares because of the smaller class size and the teacher. TWO months after signing up (after every school is full) they tell us that they let go of the teacher I met with to expand the room and increase the number of students to the maximum number possible. This is a horrible experience for a mother that did everything she could to research schools early and find the best school possible for her child. Do not trust this school! They do not care about the child or the parent. They were rude, defensive, and unapologetic about backing us into a corner and taking advantage of us.

St. Clare was just what my son needed after public Kindergarted reccomended summer school to assist with his reading. An option we chose not to pursue. Only two years later, with the help of the dedicated staff at St. Clare he scored better than 93% of kids in his grade for reading nationally! I can't thank those teachers and St. Clare enough for saving us from what could have been the beginning of a HUGE disaster in the public school.

St. Clare School has prepared my children to succeed in high school, college and in life. It is a well rounded, faith based, family oriented environment.

St. Clare pre-school program is excellent! I have had 2 children go through the full 2 year program and they have started Kindergarten with much success.

We are very pleased with this school. I have one child who is now in high school and another still at St. Clare. This is the best catholic school in the Hillcrest area. It offers a great sense of community. The parents are VERY involved and care about the success of the school. Everyone is very welcomed and encouraged to get involved. The teachers are great and have a great handle on the curriculum, behavior management and catholic education we desire at the school. I would like to see more pastor involvement with the children.

Last modified St Clare School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8