Posted September 18, 2013
if I could have given Washington less than a full star I would have. The principal has a god complex, the teachers, for the most part, are there for a paycheck not because they want to help shape and mold the children into the future of this country! It is a poorly ran district with an ignorant leader, a deplorable principal, teachers who don't care if the kids learn as long as they get paid n get their summers off. It is a hot mess all the way around. Something needs to change. If this is the future of our country I for one am very scared. As a parent when I speak to the teacher and get treated like I am an ignorant child, speak to the principal and get yelled at, speak to the super intendant and get talked down to because I am a female but he will speak to my husband like he is an equal there is a problem!!!! The whole Marietta school system is defunct and needs an overhaul. But they need to start with Washington Elementary!!!

Posted June 11, 2012
I went to Washington Elementary School in the early 80's. It was not a particularly good school then. In fact it was one of the poorer schools i attended in all of my k-12 years. Judging from the reviews here it sounds like nothing has changed in 32 years.

Washington Elementary School 5

Posted September 30, 2010
We have 2 children attending Washington School, we have recently moved and new to this school. We are very pleased with the education and experience they are receiving. The teachers are caring and communicative, trouble shooting methods are in place and the teachers/staff/principal are involved and on task.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2009

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted November 19, 2008
I have 2 children that currently attend this school. We have 5 years under our belt and I have to say I have had nothing but the best experience, great teachers, great fundamentals, and a very suportive PTO. I have friends who are teachers at other schools in the district, the curriculum is the same, homework seems comparable, and test scores have really come up at Washington over the last few years which says something of the time, talent, and effort being put in on our children. I am in a public profession and I can tell you for as many good reviews you can find an equal number of bad. Bottom line when dealing with your childrens education is being involved, there is just as much responsiblity at home as there is in school, and certainly if someone feels the environment is not beneficial a change may be needed.

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted June 10, 2008
I completely agree with the comments written. My son went to washington for 3 years and they told me he was unable to learn what was needed to pass the 2nd grade. He was a straight F student. I pulled him out and took him to Warren Elementary and there he is getting the help he needs to catch up, due to the inadequate teaching at Washington. He is now an A and B student. He has only been at Warren since January, a miracle, no just teachers who care.

Posted May 16, 2008
This school is inadequate because of the lack of knowledgeable leadership. Most teachers resent suggestions for improvement and show this resentment in unacceptable ways.

Posted April 23, 2008
This school has 'teachers' that see teaching as a job, not a profession. They do not teach, they just put in time. They are not there for the children. There is a couple of good teachers who care there, but not most of them. My children went there and I pulled them out and home schooled them. there is even free public school on line. Another alternative is requesting to have your children go to another school. Because this school has not met the yearly requirements for 3 years you can request that your children attend another school in the district. The school must provide transportation.

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
I have found that if you become your child's advocate - ie choose his/her teacher, become the home room parent, etc - this school can be very good. The support staff is very helpful and some of the teachers are GREAT! Unfortunately, the principal is substandard and as such supports the substandard teachers.

Posted January 29, 2008
I think this school is awful. I have begun to do the paperwork for home schooling. I donot feel that these teachers are adequate.

Washington Elementary School
401 Washington St, Marietta, OH  45750
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top