K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 10, 2015
Mars Hill Academy has been a wonderful place for our entire family! They say that their purpose is to partner with parents and they actually do! From the Headmaster, to the teachers, to the office staff, everyone at this school has an open door and a desire for godliness. Their first course of action is to pray and refer to God's word. The discipline at Mars Hill is lovingly administrated and has been a particular source of blessing to our children who now understand that correction stems from love. Since our children have been at Mars Hill I have noticed a dramatic change in my daughter's confidence level--she is more eager to try new things. My son has been challenged academically and spiritually and the environment has increased his passion for learning.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 10, 2015
Each teacher approaches the student where they are academically, spiritually, and emotionally and works with them to improve. My children transferred in from another school and the teachers worked with them to help them get on par with their peers.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 10, 2015
I believe that the amount of homework is carefully designed to complement the work done in the classroom. It is just another way that the school and parents partner together in the raising of our children.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 10, 2015
This school is wisely designed to increase the level of responsibility given to students as they progress through grade levels. By the time the students reach their senior year of high school they are expected to write and defend their senior thesis.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 10, 2015
From the time the children are in Kindergarten they are expected to get to their feet and greet classroom guests. They are taught to answer when spoken to, to say "yes ma'am" and "yes, sir," and to hold doors for anyone coming after them. They are consistently taught to look to the needs of others around them and to show respect for other people.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 10, 2015
The first rule that governs student behavior is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. The second is to love your neighbor as yourself. Mr. Waldy, the grammar principal, is good about making these rules clear to the children on their level. Students are encouraged to pray for each other and to encourage each other, rather than ostracize when another student is struggling.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 10, 2015
Character development is the primary focus of the school. The school is founded on the ideas of truth, beauty, and goodness and it shows in all they do. In matters of discipline, the heart of the students involved is the focus.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
Mrs. DeBra is an amazing and godly woman. She has partnered with our entire family to continue to develop character in my son and has mentored me personally on ways to draw that character out. She encourages, prays, exhorts, and teaches each one of her students daily. My son loves going to school because he knows that Mrs. DeBra works with him for his good--to help him to glorify God with all he says and does and to bless those around him.

Posted January 29, 2015
When I came to Mars Hill Academy as a scared, introverted nine year old, I was not sure what to expect. I was surprised by how friendly and welcoming everyone was, and I quickly came to love MHA. Mars Hill was my second home from 3rd-12th grade, and was and has continued to be a blessing in my life. It's true that the academics can be very challenging, but the teachers are also very selfless and encouraging, and they truly want all of their students to succeed academically. More importantly, they want to see students grow closer to God, and develop a mature faith and love for Him. The MHA community is uniquely supportive and tight-knit, allowing younger and older students to form friendships and influence one another, a microcosm of the Body of Christ as a whole. I am now a freshman in college. I have been happily surprised at how well-prepared and how far ahead of my peers I am academically. Without a doubt, this is due to my education at Mars Hill. I would absolutely recommend Mars Hill Academy. The education students receive at MHA will benefit them exponentially in higher education, the work world, and wherever life takes them.

Posted September 19, 2014
After sending two children through public school my wife and I decided that we needed to find a better educational environment for our younger children; we needed to find a school that aligned with our Christian worldview (not the culture) and one that would teach our children how to learn and how to love to learn (not just to pass a state test or prepare for college). God led us to Mars Hill Academy and for that we are exceedingly thankful. MHA is everything we hoped and prayed for and more! Our children are thriving in joyful, respectful, and Christ-centered classrooms led by extraordinary, loving teachers. The school is reinforcing the Christian beliefs that we teach our children at home and our children have really developed a true love of learning (and they can t wait to get to school every single day). We thank God nearly every day for this school, its teachers, and the incredible positive influence it has had on our children. We would award this school ten stars if we could!

4230 Aero Drive Mason, OH 45040, Mason, OH  45040