K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They used to take it seriously, with anti bullying procedure tags on some of the staff. But now, it's forgotten, with jerky kids in pretty much every grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Some of the teachers are great. Some do it because they need to get a break on their kid's tuition. And some of them hate kids. HATE.

Amount of homework: Agree

Not too bad, but again... No fruit for the labor.

Awful. Don't be fooled by the details. (outdated) This school *spanks* kid's bums. The amount of homework is decent, but from my son's experience, although they do math one grade above, he says it's still too easy. There is nothing above, just a certificate that does absolutely nothing at allllll. A CERTIFICATE. Don't go. Please.

Mars Hill Academy has been a wonderful place for our entire family! They say that their purpose is to partner with parents and they actually do! From the Headmaster, to the teachers, to the office staff, everyone at this school has an open door and a desire for godliness. Their first course of action is to pray and refer to God's word. The discipline at Mars Hill is lovingly administrated and has been a particular source of blessing to our children who now understand that correction stems from love. Since our children have been at Mars Hill I have noticed a dramatic change in my daughter's confidence level--she is more eager to try new things. My son has been challenged academically and spiritually and the environment has increased his passion for learning.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each teacher approaches the student where they are academically, spiritually, and emotionally and works with them to improve. My children transferred in from another school and the teachers worked with them to help them get on par with their peers.

Amount of homework: Agree

I believe that the amount of homework is carefully designed to complement the work done in the classroom. It is just another way that the school and parents partner together in the raising of our children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Character development is the primary focus of the school. The school is founded on the ideas of truth, beauty, and goodness and it shows in all they do. In matters of discipline, the heart of the students involved is the focus.

When I came to Mars Hill Academy as a scared, introverted nine year old, I was not sure what to expect. I was surprised by how friendly and welcoming everyone was, and I quickly came to love MHA. Mars Hill was my second home from 3rd-12th grade, and was and has continued to be a blessing in my life. It's true that the academics can be very challenging, but the teachers are also very selfless and encouraging, and they truly want all of their students to succeed academically. More importantly, they want to see students grow closer to God, and develop a mature faith and love for Him. The MHA community is uniquely supportive and tight-knit, allowing younger and older students to form friendships and influence one another, a microcosm of the Body of Christ as a whole. I am now a freshman in college. I have been happily surprised at how well-prepared and how far ahead of my peers I am academically. Without a doubt, this is due to my education at Mars Hill. I would absolutely recommend Mars Hill Academy. The education students receive at MHA will benefit them exponentially in higher education, the work world, and wherever life takes them.

After sending two children through public school my wife and I decided that we needed to find a better educational environment for our younger children; we needed to find a school that aligned with our Christian worldview (not the culture) and one that would teach our children how to learn and how to love to learn (not just to pass a state test or prepare for college). God led us to Mars Hill Academy and for that we are exceedingly thankful. MHA is everything we hoped and prayed for and more! Our children are thriving in joyful, respectful, and Christ-centered classrooms led by extraordinary, loving teachers. The school is reinforcing the Christian beliefs that we teach our children at home and our children have really developed a true love of learning (and they can t wait to get to school every single day). We thank God nearly every day for this school, its teachers, and the incredible positive influence it has had on our children. We would award this school ten stars if we could!

Last modified Mars Hill Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12