Mason Intermediate Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2014
Up until my children were in the 5th and 7th grade, I had no issues with this school and actually promoted it to others looking for a good education for their children. Now I am completely miffed. Students do homework review sheets and when they get the answer wrong, the teachers never go over the worksheets to explain the RIGHT answers! How are they supposed to learn that way? It is also WAY too big and they just received a grant that they are refusing to use to build a new building. I do not understand that! Oh, and don't get me started on the school fees... Just ONE example, in high school you have to pay $3.00 a tri-mester for the guidance counselor! Don't they get paid by Mason Schools?????? I just did some research and there are some schools in Ross and Scioto County's who provide school lunches for free to ALL of their students. You would think as much as we pay in property taxes that Mason could do that, too! I'm also considering private schools for my kids when they reach high school age, unless the school makes some drastic changes!!!!!!

Posted October 25, 2013
Don't be fooled by the ratings. The reason this school has great ratings is that they expel the students that do not fit their "mold", and send them to an alternative school in another district. Their teachers and counselors are not capable of disciplining students in this district. Sure, it's the parent's job to discipline the student AT HOME, but if the student misbehaves DURING SCHOOL HOURS, it's THE TEACHER'S JOB TO EDUCATE AND DISCIPLINE THE STUDENT, not the parent's. The teachers and counselors are not doing their job, and being cowards, by asking the parent to pick up their kid during school hours. My kid is a great kid, very intelligent, reads a lot, but sometimes he acts up, disrespecting authority. No, he never hurts any other kids. He is not aggressive, he's not on any meds (we're against it), he just acts up sometimes. By not fitting their mold, my son is a target at this school by his teachers and peers. And he's been labeled for life now, and he's been targeted for life by these so called "educators".

Mason Intermediate Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2013
Great school with lots of dedicated teachers. Lots of diversity and learning opportunities for the kids.

Posted January 28, 2013
If you have a special needs student DO NOT believe the hype and move into this district. If you are moving into Cincinnati being transferred, etc, look at Sycamore. You will get a smaller, older house, but you will get MUCH better services. We have received horrible, horrible services at this school and that is the last thing a special need parent wants. We are moving at a great expense to us. Go to Sycamore.

Mason Intermediate Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2010
My daughter's teachers, up to the 6th grade, were okay. In 6th grade, she got lemons. She's always maintained an A or B in subjects. In a couple subjects, she's sunk down to C+ (okay, she can focus and work a little harder to pull up the grade) However, in one of her classes, she went from a B to a D+. This teacher has written my daughter up for lame reasons, and when my daughter tries to clarify or ask this teacher questions, she gets snotty "I went over that" responses. This is a SCHOOL, not a job training or prison. The students ask questions to LEARN and the teacher's responsibility is to TEACH--not give kids snotty responses. It's not the students' fault that the teachers are busy. Then, there's this pizza party only for children with few writeups. This ostracism is really cold. These are 6th graders--kids!

Mason Intermediate Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
I am a parent of a student at Mason Intermediate. I am also a teacher there. It is a school that creates an environment that is warm, friendly, approachable. One that instills in its students the desire to excel and take academic risks that grow them as learners. The administration is made up of professionals who truly put the students first. They bring on board parents, teachers, and students as the team to insure success in the lives of the students.

Mason Intermediate Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2010

Mason Intermediate Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted April 03, 2009

Mason Intermediate Elementary School 5

Posted February 07, 2009
Great teachers, great parents and administrators! We've had wonderful experiences at Mason schools, and nothing to complain about. My kids learn many things that I never thought they would be taught at their age! I really think this will prepare them for their futures! Thanks!

Mason Intermediate Elementary School
6307 South Mason Montgomery Rd, Mason, OH  45040
Last modified Mason Intermediate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mason Intermediate Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.