Whittier Elementary School 2

Posted May 04, 2012
my daughter has gone there 3 yrs has special needs that have NEVER been met in 3years she has attended. The entire district is way below average in everything except football,and i also have a son that plays,and is definately NOT a benchwarmer. I cannot believe the restructure of districts ,they needed outside help 2 do this properly.total dissapointment

Whittier Elementary School 2

Posted May 02, 2012
There are some excellent teachers at Whittier. The principal leadership however, is poor. As a volunteer, I have witnessed an inexcusable amount of inappropriate behavior coming from the principal. There is a severe issue with bullying, even in as young as kindergarten students. Also, cleanliness in the school has been below average.

Posted April 30, 2011
I graduated from Washington high school class of 06, an whittier was my elementary school school at one time. I do have to say that some of the best memories I have came from there, playing football in the field with all of my friends. The kids that your child meets there will be the friends that they will go through their whole school experience with, which I wouldn't have change for anything best friends an years of my life. The teachers are amazing some of the best teachers I had. I remember the first day I was in first grade I was crying my eyes out an scared an a teachers came up to me held my hand an told me everything was going to be alright an she walked me to class a memory I will never forget. so if you are trying to decide where to put your child into school to start a chapter of their life they won't forget this is the school to do that.

Posted April 06, 2010
Excellent curriculum, teachers,and extracurricular activities that involve the families!

Posted March 04, 2009
I work as a waitress and hear lots of feedback about schools. My two kids go to Whittier now. They are learning a lot. I'm proud of them and especially proud of the education they are getting. Last year the one teacher, I'll call her Mrs. S (she teaches first grade) really impressed me by her passion and determination to help my son be successful. She was great.

Posted March 13, 2004
- a former student
Its a great school I went there from k-5 grade I'm now in 7th. The teachers are wonderful they teach everything they are supposed to. There is a great discipline program and lots of parent involvement.

Whittier Elementary School
1212 10th St NE, Massillon, OH  44646
Last modified Whittier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whittier Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top